Squat Challenge

Options
I just started a squat challenge yesterday, and thought that maybe some people would like to join in.

I’d previously done 40 squats/day for 14 days. Based on how that went, this time I plan to try for 100/day for 4 weeks — but first, I will work up to that by adding 10 each day over 10 days until I get up to the 100. So if you want to join in, we would be doing 2 sets of 10 today. I move slowly, concentrate on form, and space the sets out over the day.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/strength-training-101-how-to-squat-properly/

^ This is the page I used to learn how to squat properly (I hope!) for the last challenge. I found it helpful and informative. I had been avoiding squats because I have bad knees, hips, and ankles. But when they mentioned that a proper squat would actually strengthen joints, I had to try it out. I built up some beautiful muscle, and regained a lot of strength in my lower body.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• JohnnyDee5519
    JohnnyDee5519 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I saw a squat program here. I would like to do it for 30 or 40 days!
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I want to jump into 100 per day :). I’ve got a holiday coming up in 2 weeks and a pancake backside.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Form makes a huge difference, my sister was telling me how easy the squat challenge she was doing was. She didnt think it so easy after I showed her how to squat properly.