Losing momentum here...

Options
The past couple of days have been stressful and I found myself eating less than healthy. I'm supposed to go to the gym today, but I can't seem to get myself motivated enough. I'm exhausted and feeling considerably depressed, and I'm still kicking myself for eating so badly yesterday.

The last two weeks have been enjoyable: working out, eating healthy foods (and liking it!) and while I haven't seen any progress, I am feeling better physically. But yesterday I hit a wall, that, "This is hard, I can't keep doing this," wall. While I know better, while I know I have it in my power to keep going.

What motivated you when you got to the point where you just didn't want to try anymore? :sad:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,953 Member
    Options
    I stopped complaining about life being difficult.

Put on my big girl pants.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Make yourself push through it and go to the gym. . . then you will feel better. .
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I would look at my before picture and know I didn't want to be that heavy. Make yourself go to the gym - once you go, you'll be super happy you went. Even if you only go for 30 mins - you'll be happy you did. Sometimes I tell myself I'll go for 30 mins and once I get there and get moving? I stay for the full hour.

Just keep going. Everyone hits a wall now and then - the key is moving through it. Is it easy? No. It takes motivation and determination to push through it.. but you can do it!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    What motivates me to eat better is to know that I don't want to gain my weight back. I like the size I am now and the way I look. When I started and it was soooo hard to eat smaller quantities, (this sounds really harsh!) I would look at my aunts who are very heavy and think "I don't want to look like that". It was pure vanity! It IS hard to lose weight and anybody who says differently is either lying or they are made up of sterner stuff than I am. You have a beautiful little boy there, think of the future and what you want that to be with him. Try not to make it overwhelming either. Take it one day at a time. Heck, one meal at a time if you have to. And don't deny yourself everything you love. I'm a firm believer in moderation if you want this to stick and be sustainable for the long term. Good luck!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Just draw a line under the bad and start eating healthily from now. Perhaps go for a walk or do a little exercise in your front room. It will help you feel better about the bad eating and actually help you feel better in yourself too. Exercise is a great treatment for any kind of depression.

Keep going, you can do it. We all have our tough times. Just got to pick yourself up, dust yourself down and try again

Friend me if you like :)

(((hugs)))
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    Thank you to all of you. I tend to go through waves of doing really well, and then randomly hitting a low. I wanted to nip this one in the bud before it got too bad. I love this site. I'm going to pry myself away from the computer and put my gym clothes on, and like I've seen so often on here, "Make your excuses, and then go exercise."
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Pictures.. all those ones that make you feel pants.. :( then look at your little one and realise how much fitter and a better role model you'll be if you're not the weight you were.. or are.. and then set a mini tiny goal.. not weight wise, just to survive tomorrow.. or today... then make it again.. one day at a time. ((hugs))
    Maybe realising the stress doesn't need to lead to eating.. as the only one you're hurting.. well it's you in the long run. So maybe keep a diary on what you're feeling, why you're eating and if you crave something.. wait 15 mins, if you STILL crave it truly, then have a little of it, if not then don't.. chances are you'll have forgotten about it! lol

Chin up and remember YOU are worth it.. not an advert (in the UK) but totally true.
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    What motivates me to eat better is to know that I don't want to gain my weight back. I like the size I am now and the way I look. When I started and it was soooo hard to eat smaller quantities, (this sounds really harsh!) I would look at my aunts who are very heavy and think "I don't want to look like that". It was pure vanity! It IS hard to lose weight and anybody who says differently is either lying or they are made up of sterner stuff than I am. You have a beautiful little boy there, think of the future and what you want that to be with him. Try not to make it overwhelming either. Take it one day at a time. Heck, one meal at a time if you have to. And don't deny yourself everything you love. I'm a firm believer in moderation if you want this to stick and be sustainable for the long term. Good luck!

Thank you! Little boy is with my mother in law for the weekend so I think that's all part of it, I'm missin' him! I'll make him proud and get off my behind and have a good day, if for anyone, for him.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Just draw a line under the bad and start eating healthily from now. Perhaps go for a walk or do a little exercise in your front room. It will help you feel better about the bad eating and actually help you feel better in yourself too. Exercise is a great treatment for any kind of depression.

Keep going, you can do it. We all have our tough times. Just got to pick yourself up, dust yourself down and try again

Friend me if you like :)

(((hugs)))

Sorry, missed out the important part! My friends motivate me to keep going. It would be do much harder without them! :)
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I used to do that until i found this site. When I feel like that I go to the Success stories and then i remember -- hmmmmm I'm down 10 #'s in 4 weeks -- 4 weeks ago I was 10 # heavier.....it took 3 of those 4 to lose any of it....I also remember that last year at this time I was complaining about being fat and that my goal next year at this time is to say remember last year - wow I never want to be that weight again.....you have to mentally push yourself through it. Do whatever you need to do to get motivated. This site helps me a ton. It gives me the extra push!! You can do this....
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    What motivated you when you got to the point where you just didn't want to try anymore? :sad:
    My huge *kitten*.
    I tried to smother it but that didn't help. It seemed invincible. All I could do was run away from it.
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel. just remember, an unhealthy eating day is just that, just a day. a setback is not failure. every day is a new chance to make smart choices. as for exercise, try something different and fun. playing in the park with your kid, splashing in the waves at the beach, playing frisbee, going dancing...all these and more get your exercise in while enjoying yourself. also, i find i need at least one rest day a week, for my muscles to recover and for my peace of mind. on the flip side, exercise is a stress reliever, so it might be just what you need! good luck, keep on keepin' on, and remember, smart choices.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i've always appreciated the nike sentiment: JUST DO IT
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    My huge *kitten*.
    I tried to smother it but that didn't help. It seemed invincible. All I could do was run away from it.

bwhahahaha thats my motivation too!
  • GemSola
    GemSola Posts: 8
    Options
    I feel you. Since I started to really try to get into shape and cut off some pounds this has happened to me many a times. It's not a fun feeling. But in order to keep going on you must accept your mistakes and just jump right back onto the band wagon and keep pushing forward. No sense in stressing on it too much, from personal experience I find that only makes it worse.
    Good luck!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My huge *kitten*.

I've been running away from that *kitten* for awhile and now it's retaliating. My husband says it's been poking him in my sleep. What a butt hole!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    My huge *kitten*.

I've been running away from that *kitten* for awhile and now it's retaliating. My husband says it's been poking him in my sleep. What a butt hole!

no bun intended on the *kitten* comment? LMAO
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is where I'm at, too. I've been doing awesome for over 30 days, and now I've missed my work outs two days in a row. I just tell myself I'll do better today, and do my best to do so. All we can do is keep trying, keep pushing, and don't give up.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I stopped complaining about life being difficult.

Put on my big girl pants.
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

That was beautiful!