What's the impact of eating too much fat on a calorie deficit diet?

Options
I eat around 1200/1300 calories per day, work out 6 days a week, eat plenty of protein (around 120/130g) and almost never reach the carbs goal (around 120g, and I usually eat around 90/100), but I tend to eat 8-10g over the fat limit (54g). How does that impact my diet?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You could go in to Ketosis, which is perfectly survivable. Drink plenty of water and I hear a magnesium supplement helps. As long as you stay in a calorie deficit you will still lose weight.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Little to none.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nada. It's about your overall calorie intake.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Basically what @lynn_glenmont said but to even simplify it further... No impact at all.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    You won’t go into ketosis with that amount of carbs, but nothing will happen have fats and proteins as your highest intake. You don’t need carbs to survive, so you don’t have to stress about hitting them if you prefer how you’re eating now
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical issue that require you to closely regulate fat intake and restrict it, little to none.
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine it would make that much difference at all at that amount. Most people/doctors don't really even mention fat when discussing a meal plan unless you have some sort of medical condition that requires monitoring of it.
  • lianedeliz
    lianedeliz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! <3
  • Bigpuma100
    Bigpuma100 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your goals.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    You won't go in to Ketosis eating that many carbs. However, eating a higher fat diet has the benefit of helping to keep you feeling full longer as fat is more satiating. Other than that, no impact.