Chipotle... :(

Options
so i didn't realize how many calories my burrito bol was!! Rice, black beans, chicken, pico, medium salsa, corn salsa and cheese....655 CALORIES! omg...this is why i should check MFP before eating almost half of the bol! i'm bummed, i always thought they were healthier than that.

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    maybe a bowl or salad would be better??
  • Honey1990
    Options
    You have to remember that there cheese is full fat. the next time you go get a burrito bowl with the pork. its lower in fat i believe and take your own little baggie of fat free shreeded cheese and instead of there salsa use a bunch of lemon juice. and only eat half of it. rice and beans are good for you but high in calories. so ask for an extra plate put half on it and then put the other half in a bag where you cant see it.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You can't get out of Chipotle for too few calories, trust me I've looked lol Main thing you can do is portioning. Take that 655 cal burrito and just eat half now and half for another meal.
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    I feel the same way! And if you follow weight watchers don't even try to stay in your points for the day and eat at chipotle. I figured a veggie burrito out one day and it was like 30 something points!

But-usually if I eat a burrito from there I don't feel like eating much the rest of the day since they are HUGE.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Aren't the calories listed on the menu signs?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that there cheese is full fat.
    their
    its lower in fat i believe and take your own little baggie of fat free shreeded cheese and instead of there salsa use a bunch of lemon juice.
    their

My teaching moment...
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    so i didn't realize how many calories my burrito bol was!! Rice, black beans, chicken, pico, medium salsa, corn salsa and cheese....655 CALORIES! omg...this is why i should check MFP before eating almost half of the bol! i'm bummed, i always thought they were healthier than that.

I started dropping the cheese and replacing the rice with fajita veggies and its pretty yummy. but if you're already freaking out about having eating 325 calories that will still be 'a lot' to you I guess. To me 655 calories is a perfectly good meal, but I don't snack so I don't have to spread my calories out as much as some people.
  • rbar00
    rbar00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah they post the calories on the menu now. Maybe go for the tacos and put limited stuff inside. But yes the salad is always less, just watch what you put on it and the dressing.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You could cut a LOT of that with just the cheese. I usually just do chicken, black beans, some salsa, pico de gallo and a little sour cream. The rice is a lot of calories and carbs and you don't even really need the flavor of the cheese.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I do rice, black beans, fajita veggies, chicken (or pork) and pico - and that comes out to just under 500 calories. Not bad for a dinner if that's all you're having. I love the guacamole and cheese but stopped getting those when I found out how many calories they add.
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    i just get the tacos...theyre usually a safe bet
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did get the bol - not a burrito. and i know for next time! and here in texas they don't post the calories on the menu. i was in CA for business and LOVED that everywhere you go, you can pick the calories off the menu. Hope TX gets there soon...
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    The food there is not all that bad for you but the portions are oversized. Get your burrito or bowl and only eat half. Take the other half home and have it for lunch the next day. Or do what my hubby and I do and split it(I am, of course, assuming you have someone you can share with....if not, you can bag that idea! ) In the fast food world, Chipotle seems to be one of the better choices.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Minus the cheese, everything sounds healthy. Beans and rice are just dense calories. 1/2c is 100 cal. If you're restricted to 1200 cal /day, that's a pretty big percentage of your day.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that there cheese is full fat.
    their
    its lower in fat i believe and take your own little baggie of fat free shreeded cheese and instead of there salsa use a bunch of lemon juice.
    their

My teaching moment...

:noway: But if you're such a "Grammar Nazi"; how come you missed "its" instead of "it's"?
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I get the salad bowl with black beans, fajita onions and peppers, mild salsa, 1/2 serving medium salsa, and full serving of delicious guacamole and no salad dressing. It's under 400 calories and I am full for hours and hours.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I have a vegetarian burrito bowl with NO cheese, NO sour cream, and add guacamole. I'll only have it after a huge workout though, so I feel it's justified, and also only if it fits into my daily calories. :smile: It's one of my favorite "splurge" foods!
  • schroje83
    schroje83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle, and I think they have some worthy options, if you plan right. I usually get a salad with any of the meats, fajita veggies, mild salsa, and splurge with guacamole. It's filling and well worth the 400 or so calories.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is my kryptonite. *hangs head in shame*

I go balls out and get a massive burrito then eat half. Once I hear Chipotle sing its siren song, a stankin' bowl isn't going to cut it. Bring on the massive tortilla!
  • Kellyanne822
    Kellyanne822 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like to stick with the chicken tacos with sour cream on the side, and that isn't that bad!