MOST AMAZING NSV EVER!!

Options
YAY!

So at my gym they have this board. Its got bench press, dead lift, squats etc, and weight classes for men an women… 100, 115, 130, 145 etc.

You can get your name on the board by lifting the most weight in your weight class. A staff member has to watch you and you can’t have help.

So today, I went to the weight room and no one’s name and lifting weight was under my weight class (116-130…i weigh 128) so I thought hey i’ll give it a shot for the bench press.

My boyfriend asked the guy on staff to watch me so I could put my name on the board. I ended up benching 90 pounds!! with no help!! I did 100 with a little bit of help but i did 90 with NO help at all!

It may not seem like alot, but it was a huge accomplishment for me. The girl in the 131-145 weight class did 95 pounds!

SO MY NAME IS ON THE BOARD!!

THEN i ran a 5k in 25:32--my second fastest time...

GO ME! I'm definitely going to start weight lifting more! I wanna keep my name up there!

Replies

• wendibartel
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely amazing! Keep up the good work. I've been trying to do more weights, but I've got way more power in my legs than my arms. I hope to be able to bench 90 sometime in the near future.
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! That's outstanding!
  • cvealb
    cvealb Posts: 8
    Options
    Way to go. Keep up the good work.
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats!!!
  • JennysMan
    Options
    I'm impressed.....with both the bench press and the 5k time!
  • lindasheldon1348
    Options
    IMPRESSIVE to say the least!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    YAY!

So at my gym they have this board. Its got bench press, dead lift, squats etc, and weight classes for men an women… 100, 115, 130, 145 etc.

You can get your name on the board by lifting the most weight in your weight class. A staff member has to watch you and you can’t have help.

So today, I went to the weight room and no one’s name and lifting weight was under my weight class (116-130…i weigh 128) so I thought hey i’ll give it a shot for the bench press.

My boyfriend asked the guy on staff to watch me so I could put my name on the board. I ended up benching 90 pounds!! with no help!! I did 100 with a little bit of help but i did 90 with NO help at all!

It may not seem like alot, but it was a huge accomplishment for me. The girl in the 131-145 weight class did 95 pounds!

SO MY NAME IS ON THE BOARD!!

THEN i ran a 5k in 25:32--my second fastest time...

GO ME! I'm definitely going to start weight lifting more! I wanna keep my name up there!

I think you should see how often you can knock your name off their to replace it with a new improved record! Keep up the great work!
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    that IS great!!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic.well done
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Fabulous girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!