What do you hate about being fat?

Options
I hate always being sweaty, especially in the summer in Texas. I’m too fat to wear shorts so I wear jeans all summer. I rely and copious amounts of baby powder to help with all the sweat.

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Not being able to get nice fitting clothes that I feel comfortable in, everything seems so shapeless.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I hate clothes shopping. There are not as many options in the women's dept and i feel embarrased by my size. And swimmimng, i want to cool off but dont want people to see me in a swimsuit.

And, i have health conditions that coukd improve with weightloss.

I also dont like lugging this weight around
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The Texas summer boob sweat. I'm too cheap to turn the air low enough to avoid it so I'll have sweat running down my stomach just sitting in my apartment. Also the embarrassment of trying to use the tiny towels a lot of public pool/shower facilities have.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I don’t have it anymore, as this is the first summer without it, but what i realized I hated the MOST was thigh chub rub in the summer. SOOO painful!
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm very self conscious, I don't even have much weight to lose but I also am not wearing shorts this summer... I also feel embarrassed wearing my bathing suit, I was a competitive swimmer for 12 years back then I didn't feel the same way! I also miss being able to eat anything I wanted whenever. I used to exercise so much that I could. I also miss being able to easily fit anywhere comfortably. And my old clothes fitting, I hate shopping for new clothes.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I really did not hate that much about being fat. Mainly just people taking candid full body photos of me. I still hate that now after 130 lb loss but am a lot less upset by the photos.
  • MNic416
    MNic416 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hate being tired all the time. No energy!
  • kroe4
    kroe4 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Luckily after loosing 50 lbs I don't have it anymore, but I hated having swollen ankles/legs every day. You could literally push in on the top of my shin bone and make an indent. Like freaking play-doh legs.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Huffing and puffing every where. Back pain. Difficulty walking. Getting in my own way. Becoming too fat for even my "fat" clothes. Barely fitting into airplane and amusement park ride seats. Hating what I saw in mirrors and store windows.

Diabetes. High blood pressure. High triglycerides. High cholesterol. Great fears of stroke and heart disease.

I am happy to say I've lost a little over 100 pounds and am working on lowering the above numbers.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I can happily say that I am no longer obese. But, looking back: the worst thing was clothes. Not necessarily the crap choices I had, but how fast I would wear out my clothes, specifically pants. The constant rubbing of my thighs would wear out my pants so fast.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Feeling gross and blubbery....thats what I HATE!
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I didn't like feeling like I took up too much space. I also didn't like how things would dig in even if they fit properly - bras, belts, etc all had more chafing points when I was obese.
  • nicolesdoinit
    nicolesdoinit Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I hate feeling so self conscious and being tired all the time! I hate the way my clothes look and just the way i look..