My mom died on Monday...

2»

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I am very sorry for your loss {{ <3 }} Losing your mother is one of the hardest losses anyone has to cope with. Remember all the good times and love you have for each other. There will be hard days, but it truly does get better. Try to concentrate on continuing to make your mother proud! See the beauty and joy of your love all around you.
    Take care of yourself.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    I'm very sorry for your loss
  • robinbrooksparker
    robinbrooksparker Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2018
    I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad on November 11th and it still feels so unreal. He struggled with Parkinson’s for 15 yrs but copd and congestive heart failure took him out. A lingering illness takes its toll in so many ways and depression was a big one.

Some days I’m ok and others I’m on the floor in a fetal position. It hurts...I don’t think I’ll ever stop missing him. But I started this journey with his blessing and I won’t let him down. He was so proud of me. Please don’t stop... you don’t have to do all this right now, give yourself a breather and mourn but remember to make healthy choices.

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Hi. I'm hug number 32. I'm really sorry that you're experiencing the pain from the loss of your mom. I'm sure she had many reasons to be proud of you. And my gut tells me, that when she looks down from above, she wants to see you living your life happy. And if she looks down and sees that you are staying on track with your program, it will give her just another reason to be proud of you. <3
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I’m so sorry for your loss.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm very sorry for your loss. :heart:
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    I have nothing helpful to contribute, but offer my deepest condolences to you and yours. <3
  • janaq2003
    janaq2003 Posts: 44 Member
    Bless ur heart girl.. so sorry to hear this
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    You are heartbroken, and i hate the grief and pain you are going though.. i'm sorry you lost your mom, it just isn't fair. Of course, no one here wants this crisis to cause you to spin out of control and regain the weight you've worked so hard to lose. i bet your mom was proud of your weight loss, i hope she told you so and you can remember that as you get through this stressful time.
  • Finkelstien
    Finkelstien Posts: 55 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my dad last november after he got diagnosed with lung cancer in september.
    What helped me cope was walking and running. Maybe you can find some comfort in this as well. Because the time between him getting ill and diagnosed and him passing away was so short it was hard to get my mind around that. And walking helped. It helped a lot. And walking became running. And i was so tired in those months from the mental strain that grieve gave me that having a tired body was actually comforting.

I have a dog and that helped me too. Otherwise i probably would have buried myself underneath a pile of blankets and never come out again. But the dog needs excercise too.

Just remember that everybody handles grieve differently.

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Sweetheart....I know it hurts but to honor your Mom, you have to live a healthy beautiful life! She would not want less for You!
    As a mom myself, I would expect you to carry on a respectable life.
    Do not disrespect yourself through your grief....KISSES AND HUGS <3