Who else can not take the heat??

Options
fannrod1974
fannrod1974 Posts: 10 Member
When I was younger I could stay outside all day. The past 6 years I have completely changed. Now I hate being hot and I burn so easy. I don't tan at all. I burn badly. Does anyone else used to love the outdoors and the super hot weather but now hate it?? Or is it just me??

Replies

• 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    If I am wearing formal wear and I am outside I become a

Hot guy in a suit
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    it's just you.

*shrug

edit:

I actually like the heat.

I've never slipped and cracked my tailbone on sunshine or spun my car because it's 95 degrees.

This. It was in the 90s here last week and it was amazing. I could keep that hot and sunny during the day/stormy at night type of weather all year long.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I could stay outside all day. The past 6 years I have completely changed. Now I hate being hot and I burn so easy. I don't tan at all. I burn badly. Does anyone else used to love the outdoors and the super hot weather but now hate it?? Or is it just me??

I’ve read that if your ratio of fats is off, it can make you more susceptible to sunburn. If you eat too many omega-6 fats (like vegetable oils) and not enough omega-3s, your skin has a more inflammatory response to sunlight.

Disclaimer: I’m just a dummy who reads the internet and believes it
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Nope. I get outta the kitchen. :sunglasses:
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Idk, I’m a sun bum. I love the summer.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I love the summer, I just hate when it gets warm early in the morning. Let me ease into it for goodness sake. Nothing worse than having swamp butt before you even punch in at work. :dizzy:
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Heat index is already in the 100's in Florida. My electric bill makes me cry.
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I used to work outside, so I have all sorts of tricks to beat it
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I enjoy the heat... it's the humidity that makes me uncomfortable. Thankfully I live by the lake... nothing like being in the water on killer hot day! :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

You didn't mention how hot. I live in the heat. No seasons here. Growing up I didn't even think about it, but now I drive an air-conditioned car, and work in an air-conditioned office. Air-condition available at home too but I hardly ever use it, so I guess a bit of heat is still fine for me.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    @kam26001 wrote: »
    I love the summer, I just hate when it gets warm early in the morning. Let me ease into it for goodness sake. Nothing worse than having swamp butt before you even punch in at work. :dizzy:

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I HATE summer with with a passion. NYC summers are DISGUSTING. The trains are air conditioned, but the platforms are not. It’s like depths of hell down there. Couple that with the smelly crowds, humidity, the surge in roaches, rats, crazy people. I just.......NOPE. I only like hot weather if I’m on a beach wearing a bathing suit.
  • kam26001
    edited June 2018
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
    The Bum Bum Bar? :/
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
    The Bum Bum Bar. :/

I don’t know what that means. Were you arrested
  • kam26001
    Options

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

No, but I did wear some handcuffs.

*warms up the leftover meatloaf and changes subject*

So how was your weekend? Are those new pants?
  • caco_ethes
    Options

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

No, but I did wear some handcuffs.

*warms up the leftover meatloaf and changes subject*

So how was your weekend? Are those new pants?

:joy: