Day one once again

Options
I'm a 58 year old woman, i reached my goal weight about 6 years ago. Managed to keep it off until about a year or so ago. Gained 3 lbs then 5, then 7, 10 now it's up to 23 lbs!! I feel awful, look horrible, and can't believe how out of shape I am. Sugar is my absolute downfall and onceI have a tiny bit I can't control myself I am truly addicted to sugar. So today was day one with no sugar thought if I wrote it down it would keep me on rack tomorrow.

Replies

• sodaceratops
    sodaceratops Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for the sweets too. Here's to trying
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the demonizing of an innocent nutrient that makes you lose control.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hi mel

You mention reaching your goal 6 years ago (congratulations, by the way!) and succeeding for a good few years after, what do you think was different in all that time, up until now? What's changed? What was the method you used to lose the weight last time?

Also, did you abstain from sugar for 6 years? Be honest with yourself.

Getting fit and healthy does not have to be a miserable experience for us all, despite what we've been lead to believe.
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat! Lost 32lbs over an 18 month period, kept it off for 3 years and then put half of it back on! After many false restarts, I think I'm back on track now. Alcohol is my downfall but I think I've finally realised that i CAN live without it.
    Good luck!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and re-losing again too. Sugar is just a calorie choice. If you go back into deficit a turkey sandwich will be more attractive than a chocolate bar. Get that crap out of your house.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks mulecanter, that's the plan!!! If I can just stay focused.