Finished my first day of the 30 Day Shred :)

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
And sweet Lord, was it tough! I'm not gonna pretend like I didn't want to stop a billion times. I kept saying I can't do it, I can't do it. But then I thought of all the people on here that have, and with the help of my boyfriend literally behind me the whole time saying "You CAN do this! Push it!" I conquered it. My legs are on fire though. So proud of myself for not stopping, even though I wanted to. Anyone else have success with the 30DS? Anyone else have trouble pushing through?

Replies

• ashheart
    ashheart Posts: 17
    Options
    I started it yesterday. I felt like I was gonna die lol. My knee hurts and is kinda weak from it today though, so already I'm having to skip a day. I'm thinking of doing it every other day for a week, just to get used to it. Then I'll start it everyday. >.>
  • Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes! The first week is the worst, after day 8 you'll be fine.
  • Louisemyers29
    Louisemyers29 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The first few days are the toughest but you'll noticie your fitness levels going up fast. Before the end of the 10 days you'll be ready for the next level.

I loved it and it kicked off the fitness bug for me. I lost about 5lbs in total, the inches dropped off and I ended up with a changed body. I'm doing P90X now.

Good luck and enjoy it!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I did it and Im a guy and it was tough! just push thru it gets easier, I was sore for 3 days!
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 5 and it's getting a lil easier but oh my god those first couple days my legs felt like they were going to fall off!!!! Just keep pushing thru it, you will feel great each day after finishing it so don't give up!! I thought I was in shape because I play softball but I swear that 20 minute workout kicks my butt more than 3 1/2 hours of softball a week. LOVE IT!!
  • LButterfly201
    Options
    i did day one of Level 2 today, and i feel you. level one is hard! so well done for sticking with it :D you will see your fitness improve though, and soon, you'll wonder why you ever found it so hard. Then you get to start all over again with Level 2! :D enjoy though :) x x
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    I am on week 4 day 5 of her Ripped in 30. It's been hard and there were days I just didn't want to do it, but the results have been totally worth it.
    I think I might try her 30 day shred next!

I love that it's a challenge. I love pushing myself to get through it.

Great job & have a good time.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    It is an awesome workout. . I felt it majorly about 2 days after doing it. . but that is how my body works. . next day sore. . 2 day. . killer. . lol. .

You can do it though.
  • cantina920
    cantina920 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am up to day 4 level 1 now. It is tough, but I try to remind myself that it's just 20 minutes. Stick with it--you can do it!
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting ready to do my Level 1 Day 4 workout. The first couple days were BRUTAL. I'm a big fan (and financial supporter! ha!) of ibuprofen. Yesterday, when I walked out the front door and realized I had to go down about six steps to get to my car I thought I was going to cry. I'm pushing through it though. And I know you can too!
  • ashheart
    ashheart Posts: 17
    Options
    Something I've found that helps me is to change the workout just a tad. Made a huge difference on my knees. Instead of doing the jumping, I briskly jog in place to keep my heart rate up. I do the same when my shoulders start shooting pains on the jumping jacks. It may not be what she intended, but I'm still moving! Anybody else do the same?
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Nice job pushing through. It will get easier, I promise! When you are completely finished with the 30 days, go back and do level 1 and you will be shocked that you ever had a problem with it. The 30DS is what made me excited to exercise. Once you start seeing results, that will be your motivation!
    Oh, and expect to be really sore tomorrow! I pushed through the soreness even though I could barely walk and still did the workout. You won't regret it.
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Aaahhh....just ordered mine and it should be arriving soon. Im scared now! lol
  • johngirl
    johngirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 8 L1. The first few days I was so sore, but keep pushing through it....... it does get easier. I'm already noticing changes with my body!!
  • jeenarmathew
    jeenarmathew Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i've finished day 26 of level 3. at first it was hard but slowly felt easier. what i do to motivate myself? before i start my exercise i look through the before after pictures of every one. :) these pictures go through my mind while exercising :D. what more do u need to get motivated. if all of them can do it so can we. so keep going. you'll sure finish the 30 day shred. all the best.
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    The first two days are the very, very worst. I had to take a day off after the first two. But since then, I've been fine, and I've only missed doing consecutive days for other reasons. I just did my 7th day of level 2.

I actually have a lot of trouble with level 2 as all the plank stuff is tough on my wrists, and I need them for work. So I do the modified versions of anything requiring a plank pose... except for the plank twists, which can't be modified, so I just do bicycle crunches instead. I will ultimately do this whole workout again with heavier weights, and at that point, I will hopefully be strong enough to do the normal versions of things.

I am *definitely* seeing results. My only forms of exercising in the past have been walking (lots and lots) and haphazard light weights. My arms do NOT jiggle now: my biceps actually show, my triceps are firm, and they're a better shape all over. My legs and butt are definitely perked up and firmer all over, and muscles are more apparent. I've lost 1.5 inches off my natural waist (i.e. where it curves in when you bend to the side) and an inch off my hips... not too shabby for 17 workouts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!