New from New Zealand

Options
I joined nearly two months ago, extremely determined, joined a gym and now I have lost motivation. I have 20kgs to lose, and I could have lost at least 8 by now if I had kept motivated, which makes me very annoyed.

Does anyone have any tips or inspiration for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Replies

• nicbic123
    nicbic123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    one thing i could suggest is you read some success stories, they really help me sometimes when i am low on motivation! good luck & feel free to add me

Nikki x
  • NZhogiebear
    Options
    Hi Gnome38, Beryl from Wanganui here :D
    It can be hard to keep the motivation going, i love my MFP friends on here they help me keep my motivation going, they give me incouragement when i need it and a kick up the butt when i need it as well ;p that is the great thing about this site we are all here for the same goal and know and understand what you are going through :D:D

Good luck! soory i could not give you more help :D
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I keep my motivation up by looking back at the photo I had taken of me when I started....in my bra and pants!!!! Not a pretty sight....Now I can't believe, when I look at my latest one, 30lbs lighter, that this really is me!!!..Your own 'want' to lose weight should be enough motivation....good luck..:-}
  • smurfette21
    Options
    hey sis. I'm trying to find words or encouragement for you but I need them for myself also lol. A good tip for you is to work out your food the night before cause your so busy in mornings. Write down some healthy food ideas like small tins of tuna, and put them on the shopping list. Imagine how uncomfortable you are going to feel in the heat of february. Summer scares me right now!!!
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've just started this too. I'm in the UK now but used to live in Pukekohe. I really miss Moro bars, chocolate fish and fresh snapper. This might not be very helpful, thinking about it!

I hope that using this site every day will help keep me on track. Seeing the changes that sticking to the diet makes will be a big help I think.

Good luck!
  • Gnome38
    Gnome38 Posts: 4
    Options
    9251923.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Gnome38
    Options
    Thanks for that Smurfette! I really want to be able to fit into a beautiful dress I bought a while ago and have kept. It is size 14 & I know I would look and feel fantastic in it! I just had a thought to find it and take a photo of it with my phone and put it as wall paper, so every time I look at my phone, hopefully that will motivate me! Thanks for your encouragement, I will give it a go.
  • Gnome38
    Options
    HI, thanks for your encouragement. I had two weeks holiday recently and didn't keep track & I think that was my downfall. I have decided to take one day at a time and track, regardless if I have eaten something I should not have!
  • NZhogiebear
    Options
    Yeah agree that a goal is a great motivation, i have my dream outfit hanging behind my bedroom door and every morning when i wake up i see it and it keeps me motivated that one day i will fit it :D (it is getting closer and closer to)