Eating Eggs for Breakfast= Weight Loss!

Options

Replies

• Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing,
    I eat eggs every morning for breakfast and i also find that i stay fuller for much longer !
  • SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Thanks,

I love eggs... will definitely start eating them for breakfast!
  • SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Thanks,

I love eggs... will definitely start eating them for breakfast!
  • barleespringers
    Options
    I agree fully!! And I am hypoglycemic, so eating right is very important to me.
  • kelseyk14
    Options
    Wonderful :) So glad you all agree!! It has really worked for me!
  • Redipooh69
    Options
    How are you making your eggs for breakfast?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have eggs a lot for breakfast. I have to watch saturated fats, so normally my omelets have 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites. I like to have mine with low sodium thin sliced ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, and low fat cheese. Of course I also have a piece of whole wheat toast and some turkey sausage with it because I like to have my breakfast balanced out, but it is very high in protein and has all the goodness of eggs.

I don't know if this causes me to have more weight loss...I just simply prefer it to something like pancakes because carbs in the morning (unless paired with plenty of protein) make me drowsy and groggy.
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs for breakfast and definately feel full for longer. The days I switch to cereal or toast , I'm hunting for something else to eat within an hour!!

Thanks for posting!
  • suz74
    suz74 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    me too...big fan of eggs for breakfast especially with some Scottish smoked salmon...mmm!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I like to make egg pots. Just get a muffin tin, spray with spray oil, line the holes with low fat ham. Drop an egg in the ham lined hole and bake in the oven at around 180*c for 15-20 minutes, dependant on how hard you like your egg. If you like you can add some grated cheese for the last 5 minutes. Here's a pic of them (although these were for lunch, hence the salad).
    5887022467_f0841512b9.jpg
  • kelseyk14
    Options
    I usually make scrambled eggs and depending on how hungry I am I will have either 1 or 2 whole eggs with 2 egg whites and veggies!
  • regina_mundi
    Options
    I'm fond of scrambling them in my cast-iron pan with nothing but s+p and eating them on a Wasa Hearty Rye Crispbread, topped with a tablespoon of salsa. At 125 calories, it keeps me full absurdly long!
  • juji2099
    juji2099 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Love my egg whites. I like to make breakfast burritos all the time.
  • ktmccorkell
    ktmccorkell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow those look really good! My son raises chickens so we always have plenty of eggs around and I'm always looking for different ways to cook them so tomorrow I'm going to have to try them!
  • Melindaleigh12
    Options
    I have to try those egg cups! They look yummy!
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Love eggs . Good article. I eat them usually on the weekend for breakfast. I did cut the cheese out of my omlettes.
  • sarah211086
    sarah211086 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to try those egg cups as well! I never thought of doing something like that! I usually have scrambled eggs with either rice cakes or on a slice of wholemeal toast.
  • Keeley23
    Keeley23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like to make egg pots. Just get a muffin tin, spray with spray oil, line the holes with low fat ham. Drop an egg in the ham lined hole and bake in the oven at around 180*c for 15-20 minutes, dependant on how hard you like your egg. If you like you can add some grated cheese for the last 5 minutes. Here's a pic of them (although these were for lunch, hence the salad).
    5887022467_f0841512b9.jpg

Thanks so much for that! They look lovely...can't wait to try them once i can actually eat proper food again (had my wisdom teeth out on Weds).
  • pepperedmoth
    pepperedmoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We have backyard chickens! I eat an egg or two every morning, and when I'm traveling I miss them sorely . . . nothing besides peanut butter keeps me as full as long.