Smoothies

Options
A gym I used to go to used to make the best pre or post workout smoothies depending on your goals. They had some like builders and burners or whatever. The burners were healthy for you and helped me avoid that post workout hunger. I asked the girl what was it them one time and she said something like protein and meal replacement powder, milk powder, ice and whatever other flavors. For example for a strawberry banana she would put in strawberry juice some fresh strawberries and banana. They even had one that was called grasshopper that had like 2 oreos and some mint and a no bake cookie that had oatmeal chocolate and peanut butter (which was amazing for me because I am a peanut butter/chocolate addict). Anyway I really liked those smoothies and they were never over 500 calories and had to be somewhere between 24-30 ozs in size. They were a treat and a meal replacement and they really helped me take care of my sweet tooth in a good way. I can experiment with recipes and what not but my question is if anyone know what the powders must have been and where I could possibly get some on a cheap college budget?

I would love to break out my blender more often!

Replies

• outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i have no idea, but call the gym and ask them....I am sure they will tell you.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I agree call the gym and ask them :) If not, hopefully someone has some good suggestions :)
  • amiegamache
    Options
    I'm using the Vi Shakes by body by vi . I make them with unsweetened almond milk (40 calories a cup), ice, shake mix and then fruit or chocolate or cookies or carrots-cream cheese-nutmeg & cinn. or I use trop 50 lemonade and strawberries. The shakes are vanilla cream flavored and can be added to anything. I'm down 19lbs since the end of June and I use them as meal replacement and after workouts. You can get a bag that provides 30 meals for $49, 2 bags of 60 meals for $99. There are also vitamins and supplements that you can get too. The best thing is if you get three other people to do this with you, after the first month you can get your product for FREE! I don't pay for mine. I use 2 a day, my husband has 1 a day and my daughters each have 1/2 of one a few times a week. Our grocery bill has been slashed big time!

Anyway, my typical shakes are around 150-200 calories. Oh and they are high protein and fiber, low carb, very low sugar and lactose free.

Good luck. I know there are other good shakes out there, but I love the vi shakes, they taste a LOT better than the others I've tried (I've only tried about 3).