slow matabolism

can anyone help? im worried as i never eat this much however ive been stuck at 12stone for years eating around 800 cals a day so eating more makes you loose weight? i understand that i have to increase my motabalism how long to speed it up?

Replies

• Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    800 calories a day is pretty low... you need to be careful. Up your calories to 1200 a day for awhile... you shouldn't gain weight by raising it to 1200 a day since you will still be at a deficit. Putting your body into survival mode can bring your metabolism to a crawl.... so if you are there that might be why you aren't seeing weight loss....

How many pounds=12stone? I am bad at conversions (lol). Also....again be careful at a calorie intake that low :)
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    can anyone help? im worried as i never eat this much however ive been stuck at 12stone for years eating around 800 cals a day so eating more makes you loose weight? i understand that i have to increase my motabalism how long to speed it up?

well your body has came to a hault because you were eating less. I think since you are not getting enough calories you should go to GNC and buy these vitamins "Mega ultra women Energy and metabolism" The vitamins you are lacking will be in these wonder vitamins from GNC and it will kick start your metabolism.. I have been taking Mega men vitamins for the past 15 years, and I have been a size 30 or 31 in the waist and I am 32 now.... But also there are certain foods that boost your metabolism, things high in fiber ( whole grains, fruits and vegetables, oatmeal, 100% whole wheat bread, brown rice, cereals with high fiber such as Fiberone cereal which has 11 to 13g of fiber, sweet potatoes), skim milk ( the calcium and vitamin D gets rid of fat and blocks it from being stored), whey protein, lean proteins such as (grilled or baked chicken and fish) turkey, eggs, green tea, cayenne pepper, peanut butter, almonds, cook your foods in OLIVE OIL, and eat superfruits such as (blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, acai, and cranberries... All of these things will speed up your metabolism!!!!!!!
  • 800 calories is far too low, and I can pretty much guarantee that's why you're stuck at a plateau. Figure out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), which is the amount of calories your body needs just to perform vital functions (breathing, keeping your heart beating, digestion, etc.) not including any exercise at all. You should be eating *at least* that many, if not more. Try here: http://health.discovery.com/centers/heart/basal/basal.html
  • many thanks for the reply guys. 12stone is approx 168lbs. ive been very stupid in the past and never used to eat much. id not looseany weight my motabalism is probably ruined. ive just started this and am logging everwthng do you know how long it takes to get my motabalism back to normal.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230930-starvation-mode-how-it-works

Hi :)

read through this topic thread. It will address some of your questions about how long the process takes.

You can do this!
  • awesome. thank you so much. its quite nice eating so well. im not going to be put off if i gain for a while. one link you gave said i can gain 7lbs or mre for a month as im now feeding my body. excited to see what happens thanks for the advice x