Here I go!

Options
This is my first time ever dieting or concerned about my weight, appearance, or HEALTH! I just recently found out that my triglycerides are skyrocketing, and I need them to be back at a normal level without having to be dependent on meds. I've just started counting calories and really paying attention to what I've been eating. This is a new beginning for me! I need to be healthy so I can be a good role model for my children and so I can see them grow up and eat healthier too. Enough is enough! Plus it doesn't hurt to lose a few pounds before my 20 year reunion next year too...LOL! :0)

Replies

• stevenc68
    stevenc68 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Looks like we have a couple things in common, age, triglycerides and goals for change. There are many things to to, so let's take it one step at a time;

1. You've added a photo, great! now you can see your progress at a later date
    2. Track your food in great detail, no matter how bad it is; this gives you an idea of what to change, or maybe what is elevating your triglycerides
    3. Have fun - find the activity you enjoy the most, so it doesn't seem like you're "WORKING" out... I hate the treadmill... but I love to get out on the road and cycle... I've recently started Tae Kwon Do with my 9 year old daughter as well.. it's fun - not a chore :)

You will find a LOT of positive people here with lots of knowledge... add some friends.. share your story - and watch the progress

I'll send a friend request to you;

Steve
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • TexasLali
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Giddeaon
    Giddeaon Posts: 43
    Options