Yoga mat recommendations?

Options
Hey all, can anyone recommend a good/affordable yoga mat? I got one a couple years ago and have never really liked it because it seems to slide all over the place, and anyway, I've decided it's time to treat myself to a new one lol

Any input would be helpful! Thanks :smile:

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I have one from Target that costed $10 and works great. Not sure what brand it is.
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I got one at Academy Sports for $24, plus the strap for $5. It's got a fun design on it, is just about right squish, and grips well. It's whatever the store brand at Academy is.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I started with an Opti mat from Argos (£15), but since I've been practising for 6months now, I decided to 'graduate' to a Yogibare mat. It's not cheap, but it is longer and wider than standard mats, is super grippy and got just enough padding. It is weighty though, and picks up body grease marks really easily (gross, but cleans up well).
  • ghreinesueter
    ghreinesueter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually get Gaiam from Marshall's or TJ Maxx (anywhere from $8 to $15). They don't slide and are cute, but they will flake after a while. I think that's just par for the course though.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I use a yoga towel on top of my regular mat. It's the only thing that doesn't cause me to slip because I sweat A LOT!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Manduka
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I really like my Manduka eKO Lite Yoga Mat. It's thin so it doesn't negatively impact my balance and it feels really grippy so I don't slip. It is a little pricey, but I would buy it again.

• DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use a cork mat from Yoloha and love it, but before that I used a Gaiam mat, which was only about $25.

https://yolohayoga.com/
  • KayMix127
    KayMix127 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!
  • JammyTartlet
    JammyTartlet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use a sleeping roll I picked up from Lidl for a fiver.