Gained in a week? :(

blissrelease
blissrelease Posts: 45
edited October 1 in Health and Weight Loss
A week ago I was 86kg. Now I am 89kg.
I've been eating mostly fruit and trying to keep healthy with my meat and veggies too, and sticking to my calorie limit and doing a work out every night except one and drinking as much water as I can, but I've gained?

Replies

• Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    A week ago I was 86kg. Now I am 89kg.
    I've been eating mostly fruit and trying to keep healthy with my meat and veggies too, and sticking to my calorie limit and doing a work out every night except one and drinking as much water as I can, but I've gained?

What fruits have you been eating? Some are higher in sugar than others.
    How much salt have you been eating? Regular table salt will cause you to retain water.

What kind of workout are you doing? After working out your muscles retain water during their healing process.

Are you close to your menstrual cycle? A lot of women retain water during that time as well.

How much water are you drinking? You are supposed to take your weight and divide it in half, that is how many ounces of water you should be drinking daily.

Also, depending one what type of workout you are doing, you're building muscle. Give it a few weeks before you get discouraged?

:hugs:

God bless!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    She's stuck to calorie goals, there's no way it's muscle, it must be water or going from an early weigh to an evening one
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,334 Member
    You do need to keep an eye on fruit. Two or three servings a day is all you should be eating. Sugar is sugar.

Log all your food every day. Drink at least 8 glasses of water. Watch your sugar and fat intake.

When you work out - add your exercise calories burned to your food/exercise log here.

Eat the calories burned by exercise. If you undereat, you will slow your weight loss.

What kind of workout are you doing? After working out your muscles retain water during their healing process.

Are you close to your menstrual cycle? A lot of women retain water during that time as well.

How much water are you drinking? You are supposed to take your weight and divide it in half, that is how many ounces of water you should be drinking daily.

Also, depending one what type of workout you are doing, you're building muscle. Give it a few weeks before you get discouraged?

:hugs:

God bless!

Apples, kiwi fruit, strawberries, oranges, raspberries and blueberries.
    My salt intake can't be too high (and my sodium bar hasn't gone red in my calorie counter on any day).
    Light walking, and a 30 or 45 minute Nike Training Club work out each night.
    I'm on the pill, but yes.
    I'm not drinking as much as I should be, but I drink about 950 ml I'm guessing.

I'm trying to hard not to be discouraged, but I've been working hard for this :( :hugs:
  • Or maybe you have some long breaks from one meal to another? (so your body thinks it's starved).
  • You do need to keep an eye on fruit. Two or three servings a day is all you should be eating. Sugar is sugar.

I'm not eating more than three servings a day, but I am definitely meeting it.
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Is it Time of month chick? or the week leading up to it? You can gain 3-5lb due to increased blood supply/bloating due to body retaining water and swollen/sore boobs. Some ladies also gain a lb or 2 around ovulation for the same reasons. If it is, you will get to know how your body reacts, so in the coming months you will expect it and not get so disheartened x

chrissy x
  • IronSmasher
    Did you measure at the same time both days?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    You've gained. The question is WHAT have you gained. Or more specifically is it FAT?

If you have kept a deficit and your diet has been generally good then it is highly unlikely to be fat. This will be true despite eating multiple servings of fruit.

It is most likely water which is highly variable and will affect your scale readings and drive the unsuspecting victim nuts...This is true especially if you are exercising regularly as this causes fluid retention for muscle repair. In addition, if you are eating a lot of fruit then your liver glycogen levels will be topped up. Glycogen is essentially carbs, 1 gram of which binds with 3 grams of water when stored (off the top of my head) and is used by your body as a ready access of energy to power usual functions.

Try to always remember the goal for most people, and I suspect you as well, is FAT loss not WEIGHT loss. You can't tell that too well from a simple scale reading.
  • IronSmasher
    Either way, unless you've missed something, it's just that you're full of water. This will pass when your body gets used to it, and when you've finished your 'special time'
  • Yeah, both weights at the same time (morning).
    I am really just hoping it's just extra water, and it'll go soon! I mean, I highly doubt it's fat, because I've been working so hard.
    Thanks you guys!
  • This is riduculous haha. I weight tonight as well, just to make sure, and I've dropped five kilos since this morning?
    I am finding it so hard to keep track of where I actually am. How do I say for sure if I'm 89 or 84 when it changes constantly?
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    This is riduculous haha. I weight tonight as well, just to make sure, and I've dropped five kilos since this morning?
    I am finding it so hard to keep track of where I actually am. How do I say for sure if I'm 89 or 84 when it changes constantly?

Hun, you really should stop weighing in morning and night as it really doesnt do you any good, stick to once a week, same time on the same scales and it will give u a clearer indication of your weight. Might be a good idea to take your measurements around your body. ie hips, waist, chest, thigh as this is another good indication that the weight loss is in cm/inches, rather than whats on the scales xx
This discussion has been closed.