Macro Ratio Each Meal

Options
Schila64
Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
Is there like a certain rule to follow when it comes to what % of P/C/F should be consumed on each meal ?? Here is a snapshot for my breakfast and it seems mostly came from Fat . I had 3 egg whites + 1 egg , 1 Rice Cake with Natural PB, coffee with 1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
8jcaekonar4j.png

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    No - just try to make sure the macros come close to balancing for the day or the week if you prefer to track weekly.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    you are going to have to fool around figure out what works best for you
  • deonbfit
    deonbfit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is what a good chunk of my overall day's look like. I'm down 16 lbs. I say just do what works for you and keeps you on track. You can make changes as you get further into your progress. Just focus on the calorie deficit for now. Your breakfast sounds yummy!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Nope. It is mostly personal preference.

However...depending on your goals, if they are body composition based, as long as you are getting enough protein throughout the day you should be fine. Some people say it's best to spread it out through the day.. but others say there is not a difference. I personally err on the side of caution and spread it out vs eat it all at once, which also helps me hit my macros. I also try to get my fast carbs pre-workout to enhance workout performance. But you should do what works for you and your schedule.
  • Schila64
    Options
    Well yesterday I ate very healthy and at the end of the day found out that only did 99 grams of Protein out of 175. Maybe I need to plan better
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why is your protein goal so high? Depending on your stats 99 grams is a good number to hit.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? 175g sounds a bit overkill. 0.8-1g per lb is more than enough.
  • ThatFreakinNinja
    ThatFreakinNinja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nope just as long as you try to balance your macros within the day I find it to work best.
  • Schila64
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    What are your stats? 175g sounds a bit overkill. 0.8-1g per lb is more than enough.
    That is what MFP assigned to me