Accuracy of macros?

Options
harry7446
harry7446 Posts: 3 Member
How can we trust the macros listed if submitted by anyone and possible wrong? I select a glass of cabernet and it said a 5 oz glass was 33g carbs which I know is not correct. IT would be helpful to just have vetted values in the database or possibly a different color until vetted and added to the database of foods.

Replies

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    "Verified" entries show a green check mark next to them. There can still be foods with incorrect nutrition facts that have been Verified though. Entries and verification are all done by individual users so there is always a chance that something will be listed incorrectly.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    The majority of the database is user entered. There are thousands of entries that will never be verified. And honestly I've seen plenty of green-check-marked entries that were wrong. You should vet any entry you use with the info on the package or the published USDA info the first time you use it.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    If you plan on using MFP long term, you might want to build your own database using My Foods without sharing with the general database. That way, you can customize names, make sure the info is correct when you enter it, no one else can edit it, and you can delete it later if you wish.