Success when I thought otherwise

Options
SewJoe
SewJoe Posts: 43 Member
I have been on this plateau for at least two months, and have only lost 2 pounds after losing 28 since January 2011. I stayed focused, I did not get discouraged (hey, I'm gonna do this--ain't no going back). So, I just kept pluggin away and have gotten used to eating healthy and have actually looked forward to exercise. So why no weight loss?

Soooo, Yesterday I went to my Dr. who monitors my diabetes type II, and the numbers really have gone down dramatically!! What joy :~) My cholesterol is down to 150 and my LDL cholesterol is 75. My glucose level is close to normal, and my blood pressure is down. I didn't know what I had done different, because I've been careful to eat right, but these numbers were such good news. The doctor said it's because I've been exercising, and along with the healthy diet the numbers tell the truth.

From there I went to my nutritionist and got more good news. I have to say I wasn't ready for all this, I thought I was failing this endeavor. The reality is that I have gained four pounds of lean muscle and my body fat is down to 26% from 36%.
I have definitely changed bad habits into good, and look forward to losing the 20 lbs that I still stress about. I guess the moral of this weight loss story is: slow and steady wins the race.

Replies

• kathunni
    kathunni Posts: 15
    Options
    This is success story! you should be so happy :)
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great news that you received!!! You are an inspiration and people who feel upset because they cannot see the number on the scale drop should read your post!!!

You are the perfect example of the changes that many people don't see because they are only focusing on the scale!! Thanks for sharing and good luck on your journey!!
  • marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you lost the weight fast it will take a while to lose the rest but all so it's because you have more muscle tone. Try doing more cardo than what you have been doing. Change it up. Your body is getting use to the work outs. That's if you keep doing the same thing every week. But try adding more cardo. I hope that will help :)
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Those are WONDERFUL results!! Keep up the amazing work! Sometimes the scale has nothing to do with measuring your success at all!!
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    Now THAT is the kind of success worth shouting about! Congratulations!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I love this. . . You are so delightful and encouraging. . Thank you for sharing your expereince with us!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!