I’m tempted to smoke again!!

Options
I’m so stressed! I’m tempted to smoke a cigarette!

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I want to smoke, too. It was a nice way to relax. I looked into vaping, but ended up not getting into it because my husband would make fun of me.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    i like the wait until tomorrow line up there.. and just keep putting it off until tomorrow.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I had so much stress with my elderly mum earlier in the year that I caved in after two and half years smoke free and went full on smoking again.

I have felt awful for the last few months, wheezing at night, out of breath, got a cold and a chest infection. Feeling guilty because I know I stink of smoke and feeling lethargic and coughing all the time.

I have now quit again. (I do use Ecigs on occasion just to take the edge off) but my lungs have cleared up and I feel so much better. I am not wheezing any more and I don't stink. My energy levels are up again and I have more money.

So the choice is up to you of course but remember this. The cigarette industry needs your money more than you need that cigarette. Stay away from them they poison your body and drain your wallet.

Take a deep breath and drink a glass of water. The craving passes in 2-3 minutes.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    It's been about 4 hours... so... did you?
  • chrisahubbard
    chrisahubbard Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @SuccessHere don’t *kitten* give in to your temptation. Just because you think it will help your stress levels. It won’t. It will compound because then you’re going to get sucked right back in to buying more and then smoking more. You’ll lose the battle if you cave now!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    When I am stressed I clean, meditate or exercise. Maybe find something else to do.
  • neversaynever_43
    neversaynever_43 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 18 years ago and still crave it. The only thing that keeps me away is thinking about it as if I were an alcoholic and it were a drink. It is not possible for me to have “just one”. I am thankful to have that monkey off my back and don’t want to be “a smoker” again.

9 years for me and until I had that mindset I kept failing. Knowing I can never ever ever have another one for the rest of my life was sort of freeing. Best thing I ever did.

OP - Don't give in. Go for a run.

• saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nooooooo
    Do tell us. Were you able to refrain from smoking. Oh I sure hope so. I quit in 2011 and never want to go back!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I hope you didn’t pick up a cigarette and that instead you went for a nice walk and listened to an awesome podcast. It’s sooooo worth it to get to the other side.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Did you make it? I so hope you did!
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The first thing in the morning I measured my waist and I’m 42 inches. I’m 511 and my waist measures 42 inches. That is way too large. I don’t fit in any of my old clothes and I feel like a slob and I don’t know how I’m going to go to work tomorrow. It’s almost like I should start smoking again. I don’t even think I eat that much. Maybe I’m deluding myself and I eat way too much. I just don’t know how to stop eating all these bad calories. I just don’t know how to do it and I am so very frustrated. I hate having a fat belly.
  • serindipte
    Options
    I gained 30lbs after quitting smoking. My doctor was HAPPY! Seriously! It's better to be a fat non-smoker than a fit smoker.

As far as how much you eat, start logging it. Weigh your food, log it and get a true idea of how much you are eating, then work on cutting that down to fit into a calorie goal that will help you lose weight. You can do it, still eat the foods you enjoy. There is no inherently "bad" food. Some have more calories and you may need to adjust some of your other eating habits to make it fit in your calorie goal, but you don't have to completely cut out anything.
  • serindipte
    Options
    Just took a looksie through your last couple of days... Looks like the bulk of your calories are coming from your coffee drinks. Maybe switch to skim milk and try a non-calorie sweetener? It may taste a bit off at first, but try it for a little while and see if you can enjoy it as much. That would free up a ton of calories for actual food.