It's not the exercise, it's the food!!!

Options
For me, it was never about the exercise, I love it! I work out 6 days a week, with a trainer on one of those days and also take classes too. It is the food. I am a good girl all day long, but then the night comes. I think because I stay home with2 little ones, I have this huge love affair with food--I just look forward to seeing it and lately, often! I am mad that I think about it all the time. Do I always act on it and let my face have a party? No. It's just constant nagging at me and then night comes and I tend to indulge...then, the party begins. :)

I've never had a weight problem either--after 2 kids and now five years later, I have this 30 pds that has slowly made it's way into my life. I want it OUTTA here!

I really would like active and inspiring friends to help me through this weight loss journey--if you have a sense of humor and can take some heat...then friend me!! PLEASE PLEASE!!! :)

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Well, since you have the exercise part down pat, I am sure that as soon as you get your nutrition under control it won't take very long at all for you to meet and exceed your goals!
  • brazilian27
    Options
    what can I say? I'm not any different :(
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It was the same way for me. Even at 190 pounds, I could run a 7 minute mile. It was the portion control and good foods. This site has been perfect for me, so good luck!
  • NikkiP33
    NikkiP33 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello ! I about 30 pounds , well 34 pds to shed and I would love to have you along for the journey. I'm very easy going and accept people as they are unless you really deliberately say something to really insult me, then we can be friends :) I really think this site will help stay on track because the weekends are the worse for me. I can do great all week but then Saturday comes and Im ready for some fast food. BUT im tired of not getting to my goal, so here I am.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Choose healthier snacks? If you're stuffing your face with veggies, it's highly unlikely you'll gain any weight. XD
  • banjobaby
    banjobaby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    although i struggle with both the food and the workout i find the food part is the hardest! i am very active on here - feel free to add me! i could definitely use some inspiration as well :)
  • lmontelongo1
    Options
    I completely understand! After my last child I was in the best shape of my life...then I moved. 4 years, 40 lbs later I am on my way to getting my life back.
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should stock your house with fruits and veggies--go to farmer's markets or go blueberry picking with your children. Don't buy the crap. If you buy the crap you're gonna eat the crap! I was a vegetarian for 15.5 years but 50lbs overweight. How is that possible?? Cheese and dairy and junk food! I ate some veggies but not many. So I turned vegan. I lost about 23lbs so far and eating soooo much better!

You can do it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, the fix seems to be to lower your carbs (mine are about 100) and raise your protein. That keeps me full, and I no longer go crazy at night. For me, the carbs were a trigger - and on a lower calorie diet I wasn't getting nearly enough protein.

Good luck.
  • oatmealgates
    oatmealgates Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    same here i wonder why it is that cravings are strongest at night, the same thing happens to me, ill go all day and be good then i get home and start craving everything unhealthy.... totally understand the whole food affair since you stay home with the kids, and the constantly thinking about food, its like you make breakfast and an hour later you have to start planning lunch for the kids and then again with dinner, its a never ending cycle... but stay strong and you'll reach your goal.
  • urbanhousewife
    Options
    I'm in the SAME EXACT boat as you Lisa! What I've been doing as a work-around of sorts is I've been letting myself have what I want to have but only the tiniest fraction so I feel that I've gotten what I wanted and it satisfies me but it doesn't hurt me that much. For instance, if you look at my food diary from today and look at dinner...my entire family was going to be eating pizza tonight and at 290 calories per slice (if the pizza is cut into 6 slices) I just didn't feel like I could afford to indulge (because I went crazy with some Cheez it earlier in the day) so we cut the pizza into 8 slices at 215 calories a slice and then I cut one of those pieces in half (1/16th of the pizza- for a 107 calories slice) and allowed myself to have that with a very small salad. It totally satisfied my craving & it made me not feel so "left out" of the party. I got to enjoy pizza with my family without ANY guilt whatsoever, after the fact. Also, perhaps make a rule that you have to drink a whole 8-16 oz glass of water before you are allowed to give into any crazy cravings. Stick to it! You will either fill up so much on water that you won't go too crazy when you finally get to indulge or you will just get so sick of water that you will decide that what you are craving just isn't worth it at that very moment. You can do it!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I know that I throw her name around a lot, and I hope she doesn't mind. Check out stephanielynn76's profile. She was a gym rat who didn't eat right...then started to eat right...and the fat melted off of her and she looks amazing! I can't wait until I have a great success story like that.
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yeah I really like working out now. But yes I love my food too. Add me if you like:)
  • willmichmike
    Options
    Bump
  • mcarmon
    mcarmon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, the fix seems to be to lower your carbs (mine are about 100) and raise your protein. That keeps me full, and I no longer go crazy at night. For me, the carbs were a trigger - and on a lower calorie diet I wasn't getting nearly enough protein.

Good luck.

That was exactly it for me too! It took joining this site for me to actually see how out of balance my diet was in that area!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, somewhere I read on here that when you want to munch just swish with mouth wash. NOTHING tastes good after that! I bought me a lil bottle to take to work with me. The girls at work are always bringing in baked goods and other junk. Try it and let me know if it works for you!

Jenn
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    I had to change my eating. Sorry. Also, I just make it a point not buy as much junk. I still eat it but I found a way to fit in on occasion. Ibuy the groceries I control what goes in my house.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you!!! I also have 2 little ones and food is my issue too- more specifically sugar and carbs are my issue, its a constant struggle for me
  • Lisajoy1
    Lisajoy1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks all for some of the ideas--I am really a silly pants, so the comment about the takin' the heat was finding humor in all of this (me). I seriously want a good group to work at this with--so if anyone is seriously interested in sharing this journey--I'd really like active friends--helpful, active friends that you can complain to, but then find resolution and laugh with too. I'd like to get a group of some sort going....ideas??
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I am game. I am good for complaining as well, as a good laugh.