New runner.

Options
Mkabuin1
Mkabuin1 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
New runner. I used to run for hours. It has been difficult to run for 30mins after having four kids. am trying get fit again. I am hoping to get some motivation from the community to enhance my goal of achieving a healthy lifestyle. Thank you.

Replies

• z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    We can cheer you on, but you would have to bring your own motivation.
    You also need some dicipline and structure.

Motivation is really the easy part, you just have to do some visualization techniques, for instance how much you would improve in the next 6 months.

Also, find some goals to work towards, and make sure to set new goals when you reach your first goal.

Good luck, see you on the virtual running track!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I got back into running last year after more than 5 years off, and it was extremely frustrating at first to not have my former endurance. It came back surprisingly quickly. So don't let the frustration hold you back!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Start with C25K. It gives you a schedule and a plan that's reasonably paced for most people. Go to a running store and get fitted for shoes. Welcome!
  • AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you're running outdoors or on a treadmill, but listening to upbeat and/or music you like is a great help! At least, it is for me. A lot of people dislike the treadmill, however I absolutely love it. Although I will say, if I didn't have my mp3 or phone to listen to my songs, I'd probably suffer lol.