Eating On-The-Go

So I have not been able to eat healthfully today, or yesterday.
On Friday, I was asked out to lunch unexpectedly from an old friend who was visiting in the area.
Today, is the first day of my vacation, and I have immense trouble figuring out which foods to eat.

So, any suggestions?

Your help is much appreciated!

Replies

• karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    check out this site - gives you lower calorie options at the major fast food chains. If you go to a sit down restaurant, stay away from the salads unless they are specifically on the low cal portion of the menu. The salads are some of the worst offenders on the menu. Get a grilled chicken sandwhich or wrap with whatever side you want (even fries if you like)- just ask for a box when you food arrives and immideately box up half of the meal. Generally when you do this, you will stay right arond 500-600 calories on your plate.

http://weightloss.about.com/od/eatsmart/a/052207a.htm
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    If you are eating on the run Subway is always a go to for me. I would suggest going on restaurant websites or on this database and finding nutrition information for places you know you like to eat at and find the best choices at those places. Just because it is not Subway does not mean you can't make better choices. Good luck!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    I always punch it in the mfp app before I order that way i can try to eat as healthy as possible. I had the same problem while I was on vacation but I stuck to my diet a best I could. Don't beat yourself up too much if you go over and eat smaller portions at resturants.
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Thank you all for your help!

@ karamille: Your link is very useful! Thanks!