I just got in the BMI normal range!

Options
Little over a month ago, I decided it was time for me to lose some extra weight. I didn't want to go on any specific diet so I just ate smaller portions of what I would normally have. I did do a little more effort not eating as much calorie-dense foods such as fast food or sugary drinks or beer etc AND I started running about twice a week, next to my two sessions in the gym (which I was already doing before). At first I was unable to run 4km but now I have ran 10km a couple of times! Result: I've lowered my BMI to around 24.8, which brings me in the "normal" BMI category!
My goal is to probably lose a couple more kg's until I look like the way I wanna look, but I think I'm not that far from it!
I just wanted to share this little milestone :smiley:

zciaqyptciuo.jpg

Replies

• tpspiege
    tpspiege Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Kudos on achieving a goal shared by many of us in this community!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great milestone :smile:
  • Davidaw86
    Davidaw86 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the hard work and being that much closer to your goal.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well done! I just achieved this too :) here's to being healthy.
  • Motor_Election
    Motor_Election Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you all and kudos to you too, @aliblain :wink:
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Nice! It took me 7 months and 59 pounds to drop below 25; that was my goal. Now 3 months into "maintenance", I have dropped another 8. I am scared of not eating at at least a slight deficit; I gotta get over that.
  • Motor_Election
    Motor_Election Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @CarvedTones I only needed to lose about 22 pounds to get there, and I feel like I'm at a very healthy position right now, but I'd like to see how much losing an extra 8 to 10 pounds would change my body visually. So I'll also stay eating at a deficit for about another month or so :smile: but man am I excited to increase my caloric intake to be at maintenance :wink:
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I have 2kg more until I'll be in my healthy BMI. But I still will have more to lose, after that.
  • Wzntme1980
    Wzntme1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Now that will be something to celebrate. Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!