Am I Just Seeing Things??!

Options
HOW can 7 lbs make that much of a difference? I feel like there’s something wrong with my eyes, or I was EXTREMELY bloated before and this loss doesn’t “count” because it MUST have been all bloat/water retention.

eabkfp25h6sx.jpeg
d38dbe1o3lz1.jpeg

Replies

• kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are losing inches. Are you exercising?
  • tigersgrowl1093
    tigersgrowl1093 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was going to the gym 4 - 5 days per week until the middle of May, but just started back. Just about 15 - 20 mins of elliptical, and some weight machines.
  • glorian13vazquez498
    glorian13vazquez498 Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Wow I see a big difference! Awesome job!
    I started 16 days ago, but I don’t want to weight myself yet and take pictures either. I’m waiting to complete a month, but I’m not doing exercise, just eating small portions and less carbs. Let’s see what happens.
    Weight 198lbs 5’2”
  • Mclaughlin1723
    Mclaughlin1723 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started 16 days ago, but I don’t want to weight myself yet and take pictures either. I’m waiting to complete a month, but I’m not doing exercise, just eating small portions and less carbs. Let’s see what happens.
    Weight 198lbs 5’2”

I highly suggest going ahead and taking pictures, even if you don't get on the scale. Pictures are amazing. I forgot to take my before pictures and it made me depressed because I saw the scale moving but couldn't see an actual change. That is until I remembered my gym took one when I started there (before my heaviest weight but still worked) and the difference is remarkable. I would post the picture but idk how to post it on a thread.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Weight 198lbs 5’2”

I agree with the above poster. Take the pictures. It's amazing to see the differences as you go.
  • Mikee469
    Mikee469 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It’s not always the weight loss that counts. To truly track your progress you should take measurements and keep a diary of them. Eventually you’ll notice your weight loss plateau but you’ll keep looking smaller week after week!

Keep up the hard work!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,265 Member
    Options
    Who cares? You're doing awesome! That's a fantastic start!! Keep it up and keep taking those pictures! You're well on your way! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!