Need advice/motivation

Options
For those of you who have been in a plateau, how did you break out of it? It’s been about 6 weeks now, stuck at roughly the same weight. I thought I broke out of it last week when I lost 2lbs but now the scale says that weight has been gained back. Nothing in my diet has changed and I’m eating about 1200 calories a day and exercising as much as I can.

Replies

• kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing and give it time....

I remember about 10 years ago, I was eating great and exercising regularly and did this for about two weeks then when I stepped on the scale I saw no weight loss. I thought screw it, why bother so I went back to my old way of eating, etc. only a week later I stepped on the scale and down 3 lbs. Unfortunately I was in that stuffing my face mode and kept gaining but I always remember that when I get frustrated with the scale..sometimes it takes weeks for a loss to show.

So moral of the story is keep it going! What is the alternative?? Gaining it all back??
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but with six weeks without loss I'd be double-checking my logging to make sure it was on point. Are you using a food scale? Are you estimating any portion sizes? Are you using generic/homemade entries? Have you double-checked your frequently used entries to make sure they're correct? Are there any meals or foods you aren't logging?

Also, do you have a period? It could be you did lose some weight and then gained it back due to where you are in your cycle so it's just temporary.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Good point about the period...I find that my weight goes back down for me a few days after I finish.
  • kyraleigh7163
    kyraleigh7163 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is a fair point about my period, I should be getting it in about a week.. I also have a suspicion that my IUD that I got back in April could have something to do with the plateau. Hopefully not though, cause I’m not sure if there’s really a solution in that case
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your logging. This could mean any of the following: making sure everything that crosses your lips gets logged, weighing all solids on a food scale and measuring all liquids with cups/spoons, double-checking the accuracy of the database entries you use, utilizing the recipe builder over homemade/generic items, and being mindful of the amount of exercise calories burned/eaten back.