Apple Watch Users - Workout App vs. Others

Options
kcm105
kcm105 Posts: 50 Member
Hey everyone. So I've just purchased an Apple Watch and it's a bit overwhelming! For those of you that have one already, how do you feel about the Workout app? Specifically, I'm trying to decide if I should use this instead of Endomondo for walks/runs.

In the past, I used Endomondo to keep track of walks or runs. I do not sync it with MFP because I prefer to manually enter any exercise (also I don't count my walking as exercise).

But in general, how do you all feel about the built-in Workout app on the watch? And while I'm at it, do you all have any highly recommended apps for fitness? Syncing with MFP is not a must for me. There's a lot out there to consider and I'm just getting this thing figured out. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Replies

• AE0626
    AE0626 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Never tried Endomondo but I bought an Apple Watch 3 a couple of months ago to replace an elderly Fitbit. I've found the Workout app just fine for indoor and outdoor running and cycling - it tracks everything I want (distance, speed, HR, calorie burn estimate etc) but if you're a really serious runner you might find some of the stats (e.g. cadence) are missing.

I also recommend a look at Intervals, the paid-for version lets you construct custom interval or distance-based workouts.