Any Low-FODMAP followers out there? New to it, looking for Tips, Recipes & active Friends!

Options
I've been following the Low-FODMAP diet for about 3 weeks now to help with my IBD issues, and I have been feeling so much better! I have more energy and have lost over 10lbs!!

Anyone else try out this diet? It's supposed to be great for those with IBS, IBD or other digestive issues!

Please share your favorite recipes and tips! And add me please!! I need active friends!! <3

Replies

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I am no longer on it, but have been on it in the past, essentially. :-)

As I recall, this gal had some good recipes. She even has a downloadable ebook with low fodmap recipes.
    https://feedmephoebe.com/the-best-low-fodmap-recipes-and-diet-plan/
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • lauriegwen
    lauriegwen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started the low fodmap diet about 4 weeks ago due to ibs. It has helped my symptoms immensely. It can be very overwhelming though.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I want to learn more about this! I heard about it briefly in one of my nutrition courses and I’m sure I will come across people who need this. I’m not finished school yet so I don’t have a license to prescribe such a diet but have suggested a coworker look into it. Doctors don’t know what’s wrong with him, they just want to prescribe medicine that doesn’t seem to help.
  • aecornwell
    aecornwell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low FODMAP for about two and a half years now. The most helpful thing I have found is asafoetida. Throw it in some fat and it is an onion/garlic substitute!

The second-best tip I have is to buy regular milk and throw some lactaid pills in there instead of spending a lot of money on nut milk or lactose-free milk. I put five pills in a gallon and wait two days.

I have found that I have to be very, very strict. I ate an apple two days ago and still feel poorly. Over time I hope to be more flexible. Let me know if you need help!
  • leda1515
    leda1515 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new on Low- FODMAP and search for ppl who are too. So feel free to add me guys.
  • lauriegwen
    lauriegwen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    leda1515 wrote: »
    I'm new on Low- FODMAP and search for ppl who are too. So feel free to add me guys.

I don’t know how to add someone, but if you do feel free to add me
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've sent add requests to all of you! <3 Thank you for the tips and for letting me know I'm not alone in this! :)

I've been doing really well following this diet! Down 32 lbs and virtually symptom free!

For me the most difficult thing has been going out to eat. My hubby loves Mexican but I'm terrified to try anything. So far, steak houses and sushi joints have been my go to. I haven't had any issues there.