Any mommas out there that can relate?

Needing motivation for myself. I just turned 30, and I have 3 littles. Have a c-section with all 3 has left me struggling to be confident in my body, and struggling to keep off any weight. I'd love to have some encouragement to keep me going!!

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    I'm 41, with a teenage daughter. Wanna trade for a week????

I also had a C-section, and at one point was over 350lbs. I've lost almost half my body weight, and now have a belly flap to go with the stretch marks and C-section scar. But damn I look better in a pair of jeans now than when I was 350lbs.

It takes a lot longer for the brain to catch up to the body, I still don't see myself as being in decent shape even though I wear a size 8 in jeans.
  • hmunangst
    hmunangst Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 38 & the heaviest I've ever been.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I'm a mom to 3 kids and had them all via c-section (and all within 3 years!) so I can relate. Yes your body changes, but that doesn't mean you can't get/be healthy and learn to love the slightly different shape you may have. Put your stats in MFP and aim for 1lb loss per week and log your food (get a food scale for $15 if you haven't already) and eat within the limits MFP gives you. You will lose weight if you do that and if you can move a bit more (walks, jogs, fitness videos, whatever you like) you can eat a bit more and still lose weight! Be patient and trust the process. :smile: