kristenFit Posts: 16 Member
Blueberries - Frozen, unsweetened, 2.5 cup, unthawed
Lemon juice - Canned or bottled, 0.5 tbsp
Argo - Cornstarch, 1 Tbsp
Water - Municipal, 1/8 of a cup
Betty Crocker - Angel Food Cake Mix Fat Free, Box
Folgers - Classic Roast Instant Coffee Crystals, 1 tsp
Water - Tap, 1 tbsp

In small saucepan, combine blueberries, 1/8 water, lemon juice add cornstarch cook until combined and mixture thickens a bit.

Let Cool
Combine Coffee crystals w/ 1bls of HOT water

Add blueberry mixture to Angel Food cake mix, add coffee mixture. Stir together well.
Note: just the cake mix itself, you do NOT make the cake according to cake box directions. At first, you will be tempted to add more liquid but it will mix together eventually.

Bake 350 for approx 40 min

NOTE: You may sub w/ canned blueberries in water.

Serves 15

Per Serving: 25 Cal
6 carb
0 fat
0 protein
1 fiber
21 sodium

Replies

• bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    wow that sounds very light and delicious
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You could probably bake these up in a muffin pan, too..??... :flowerforyou:
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    interesting......it must not be like an angel food cake but a fat free coffee cake texture (which doesn't make sense either as the texture of coffee cake is from the butter)........I will have to try it......according to the nutritional facts below the whole cake is only 200 calories

Okay maybe you can have your cake and eat it............the whole cake, ha, ha!!!!
  • danckuntz
    danckuntz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump

Will try to make this week after kid is in bed!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh my goodness, I have all this stuff at home, save boxed cake mix. Will make and take pictures!
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That sounds lovely - thank you :)
  • OnCmommy
    OnCmommy Posts: 40
    Options
    Wow, this sounds amazing! I'll have to try it tonight :)
    I'll also adding my weight loss cookbook if I like it.
  • stefnicole
    stefnicole Posts: 106
    Options
    Sounds interesting. Saving for later!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    bump sounds yummy!
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • morningstarluv
    Options
    Bump
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Sounds great
  • danckuntz
    Options
    It's in the oven cooking! I was adding a recipe to MFP as the calories added up for 15 servings I was getting approximately 130 calories. I am I doing something wrong ? Cake mix (140 x12) 1680 + frozen blueberries 225 + corn starch 30 = 1965 divided by 15 servings = 131 calories. Just wondering if I messed up, that's much more than 25 calories per serving.
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Bump! Someone should post a picture when they make it! I want to know what it's supposed to look like before I make it :)
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Paulette56
    Paulette56 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's in the oven cooking! I was adding a recipe to MFP as the calories added up for 15 servings I was getting approximately 130 calories. I am I doing something wrong ? Cake mix (140 x12) 1680 + frozen blueberries 225 + corn starch 30 = 1965 divided by 15 servings = 131 calories. Just wondering if I messed up, that's much more than 25 calories per serving.
    Sounds right to me. I went to a website with the nutrition info of the cake mix. It has 32 carbs (23 sugar) grams in each serving. I wonder if OP failed to multiply nutrition by 12 before inputting into recipe builder
  • danckuntz
    Options
    Kinda new to MFP, don'tmknow how to post pics yet but the recipe is yummy. Light, fluffy and purple! I used two 9inch loaf pans and it turned out GREAT! It's just not 25 cal per serving, it's 131. Still a great treat and serving sizes are pretty big B/c each loaf has 938 calories in it.
  • danckuntz
    Options
    Sounds right to me. I went to a website with the nutrition info of the cake mix. It has 32 carbs (23 sugar) grams in each serving. I wonder if OP failed to multiply nutrition by 12 before inputting into recipe builder

Yeah I think OP took 140 + 225 +30 and divided by 15. That got me to 26 calories. Still a great treat just not 25 cal.
  • kristenFit
    kristenFit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really apolgize, it is 125 when copy paste and updating must have deleted too far. I have made this a few times anywhere from 15 to 20 pieces...