RSP True Fit

Options
duskyjewel
duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
Has anyone tried these meal replacement/protein shakes? They have great reviews on Amazon and my husband, daughter, and I have done great with using shakes for breakfast before. If you've tried them, tell me your opinion please.

Replies

• jillMoose
    jillMoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Drinking my calories would be a surefire recipe for endless hunger for me. Also meal replacement shakes create zero sustainable habits for long term smart food intake.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Since I posted this, we ordered some to give them a try. The verdict is that I'm about to reorder. :)

I love the nutritional profile of this product. It keeps me satisfied for about 4 hours, using two scoops and 20 oz unsweetened almond milk. The cinnamon and chocolate flavors are the ones I'll order again, not the vanilla. It's not terrible but it's not as good either, and the other two mix smoothly in a blender bottle while the vanilla still has small clumps. I use it for breakfast on work mornings and usually drink it in the car. My husband and 15 year old daughter both like it as well and drink it for breakfast most weekdays.

As to sustainable habits, that's a choice. For me, being able to mix up a healthy shake quickly in the morning keeps me out of the drive thru because I often end up rushing out the door. It's also better than not eating breakfast at all. Some people can do that, I can't. My work is physically active and if I go without breakfast, by lunch I'm in that mode where I'm so hungry I don't care and will run across the street to Church's Chicken and get the biggest combo they have with a giant sweet tea. (Which I still do now and then as a splurge, but as a regular habit it will sink you fast.)

I don't get anything for this recommendation, but I've had really disgusting protein powders so I figured I'd share a good find for those who are interested.