Options
liniwns
liniwns Posts: 10 Member
Looking for creamy low carb soup recipes with the calorie counts

Replies

• Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    No recipe from me, but a veggie soup using low carb veggies is probably your best bet! Or I've seen "potato" soups where cauliflower is used instead. :)
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would think you could find a lot of coconut milk based soups if you are looking for creamy. I use Yummly.com as a recipe search engine and you can put in dietary preferences like low carb/paleo, etc. Nutritional information and calorie counts are included with the recipes.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Dani9585 wrote: »
    No recipe from me, but a veggie soup using low carb veggies is probably your best bet! Or I've seen "potato" soups where cauliflower is used instead. :)

Wouldn't that be Cauliflower soup?

I love broccoli and Cauliflower soup with blue cheese (you only need a little for it to flavour the soup nicely)

Mushroom soup is nice too...

Any low carb vegie can make a good soup. Add cream to make it creamy (dairy or coconut depending on your requirements or the flavour of the soup - curried vegies with coconut cream is a delicious combo)

ETA, you asked for recipes... I don't use recipes, I'm not sure soup requires one?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Soups overall tend to be lower calorie because of the water content. Exceptions would be cream soups high in ... cream. The soups I usually have all have carbs of some sort so you won’t find a zero carb soup. The lowest carb soup would be hot water, followed by bouillion. The suggestions above are going low carb by substituting fiber. I’d try and go for a lower carb soup by upping the protein. For me this would be for example a turkey soup or a bean based soup.
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I make this all the time, although I wouldn't call it creamy.

Chicken Soup

I use my instant pot

Saute about 2 lbs of cutup boneless chicken breasts or thighs, then add in a cutup onion and saute a few more minutes. Add in some cutup garlic, or minced garlic, saute another minute. Then I add salt and pepper, and about 32 oz of chicken broth, bag of baby carrots, and cutup celery.

I stir it up all, then set the soup setting on the instant pot.

This has less then 10g of carbs and around 30g protein, and low in fat.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    So quick and easy ..https://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-potato-soup/
    but uses cauliflower and only one potato
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    How about fry leek in butter, add steamed broccoli, chicken or veg stock, a splash of cream and an ounce of grated stilton. Blend. Stilton and broccoli soup is a classic.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My favourite is low carb but also low fat. Into clear boiling chicken stock add diced chicken breast, red peppers, spring onions, grated ginger and garlic, a bunch of whole lemon verbena leaves, (or a bag of baby spinach and a stick of lemon grass) some finely sliced chilli pepper with a tiny pinch of five spice and some soy sauce.

It's a fresh, clear broth.
  • liniwns
    liniwns Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, loads for me to try xx
  • Ludolover1
    Ludolover1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You might check out Linda’s Low Carb Recipes online. She has a lot of low carb recipes and they’re fairly easy.