Learning to be thin - any Beck fans out there?

Options
Hello! I'm a reformed baker. I was diagnosed intolerant to eggs (both whites & yolks), gluten, salmon, green peppers, chili peppers, vanilla, black tea, and pineapple about two years ago. Since then I have been learning to cope with losing a significant portion of my food base. I just donated my baking pans to Goodwill and trashed my stash of flour, sugar, etc. It makes me sad in the way I felt when as I kid I decided I was too old for Barbie. I'm too old to eat to make me feel bad.
I am walking 10k steps a day, at least, although I worked up to it. I'm cooking, a lot, and planning my meals for the week and taking steps to become a happier healthier person.
One of the things I'm working on is learning to think like a Thin Person. I'm addicted to Beck and her philosophy of thinking and making cognitive behavior changes to actually inspire real change. Both my mother and I have lost 25 lbs (each) and I'm working on another 25. My mother reached her goal.
It would be nice to have a few people, or even one, here to commiserate with or celebrate with. Have you lost weight, are you struggling with changing into someone you don't recognize? Have you always looked at those people in the magazines saying to yourself "they just really don't understand how to enjoy a burger & french fries"? Let me know!
Cheers!

Replies

• RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My mom and I are also Beckolytes! After decades of trying to diet, finding Beck was the turning point for both of us. I'm down about 70lbs and my mom has reached her goal weight.
  • VeraCone
    VeraCone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! How did you find Beck? I was browsing at the library. Total life change. What has been the biggest change for you? Kinda jealous of the moms right now...both at goal weight.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was just browsing at the library too. I went through a spell where I read a ton of books on weight loss, but as soon as I dived into Beck I knew this could really be sustainable. Writing out the cards has been great - my favourite lines from her work are about wanting one problem or three problems (the original problem, weight gain, and guilt), and not throwing yourself down the stairs if you miss a step.