The dirty double

Options
DogServant
DogServant Posts: 30 Member
edited June 2018 in Motivation and Support
For the first time since starting my journey just over eight months ago, I decided it was time to try something new.... a double workout day!

I went to the gym in the morning and pounded out a quality 70 minutes of cardio and pushed a couple of weights around, but not too many. My goal is primarily weight loss, but I also wouldn't mind having stronger muscles... just don't want to look like Stretch Armstrong!

Anyway, I came home from the gym and something was nagging me... the need to go back. Not sure why, but I felt like I had to go again mid-day. So I packed up my bag and trotted down there for another 40 minutes.
Yup, nearly two hours of my day doin' cardio!

I was very pleased with myself, but my discipline took blow after blow in the eating department as I devoured popcorn, raspberries, blueberries, beer, and lunch meat. All like they were the last foods on earth...

I had a net weight loss for the day, which may or may not have been water related... but a neutral impact on my psyche. Pleased to have gone to the gym, but not pleased to have succumbed to an overwhelming desire to devour anything and everything!

Feel free to add me as a friend, and wishing you all the best in kicking some tail on your journeys!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there is such a thing as doing too much. More is not really better. Workout smarter, not harder.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Trying to outexercise everything can result in a food reckoning.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I don't know who Stretch Armstrong is, but I agree that exercise makes you hungry, for sure.

The jury is really out on 2-a-days; see how you feel. Some do cardio in the morning and then weights at night, or vice versa. Others do one of those kinds of workouts and then yoga or pilates as their 2nd workout.
  • DogServant
    DogServant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I generally do 60 minute cardio workouts, so this was a big “stretch” for me and it actually wasn’t too bad. But, I was really super hungry- as you mentioned. Quite surprised at how hungry I was- I also ate a whole bag of popcorn while watching the basketball game. Thanks for your comment!