Carbs

Options
dalerst
dalerst Posts: 174 Member
What are you eating to hit your carb goal in a day? I'm struggling to get mine in most days. At the minute I'm maintaining and working to the following, C:305g P:153g F:67g my weight is 167lb and cal intake 2460.

I don't eat a lot of bread but do like my pasta and rice but not every day.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Skittles?

Lime sherbert?

Dried fruit?

Beer?

You don't have to "hit" carb goals. Only protein and fat are minimums.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Pop tarts.

Pretzels.

Hot chocolate with whipped cream.

Baked potatoes.

Cereal.

I mean, the choices are endless.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My carb goal varies... but usually toast/bread, yogurt/dairy, fruit, vegetables, potatoes, tortillas, legumes, grains (freekeh, farro, barley etc), rice, noodles, pasta (mostly on weekends when my carbs are higher), maple syrup, candy, chocolate, popcorn, cereals.

I am not super concerned about my carb goals, I try to hit my protein and fat then let the carbs fall where they fall.
  • SagePeach
    SagePeach Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I eat a higher carb, mostly plant based diet (WFPB) and most of my carbs come from beans, whole grains, veggies, fruit, nuts etc. It's pretty easy to accumulate carbs eating these kinds of foods :)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, blueberries, sweet potato, green beans, onion, nuts.
  • SagePeach
    SagePeach Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, blueberries, sweet potato, green beans, onion, nuts.

Sweet potatoes are a great one, other potatoes too. And fresh corn on the cob...

and now I'm hungry :D
  • dalerst
    Options
    Pop tarts.

Pretzels.

Hot chocolate with whipped cream.

Baked potatoes.

Cereal.

I mean, the choices are endless.

Problem is they all contain lots of Fat which will then send me way over my 67g
  • dalerst
    Options
    Skittles?

Lime sherbert?

Dried fruit?

Beer?

You don't have to "hit" carb goals. Only protein and fat are minimums.

But to hit the calories for the day I need to fill with the carb, or go way over on the Fat and protein
  • dalerst
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    1) It's not essential to hit your macros perfectly, and there's no harm in being over/under as long as your overall nutrition is good and you're staying in a calorie deficit (assuming you're trying to lose weight). My protein goal is my main priority, I let fat and carbs fall where they fall (I eat plenty enough fat that I never have a problem with getting enough).

2) With that said, maybe this chart will help you with food choices:

zvh2np19yc8v.jpg

Thanks for the chart that will help. I'm maintaining at the minute whilst doing 3 days at the gym.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Both of those posts of mine are foods that are almost exclusively carbs, with some protein.

Which of my foods I listed have a lot of fat??? Maybe the hot chocolate if you don't use lowfat dairy and cool whip. I mean, RediWhip, 1g of fat.

Poptarts - 5g fat and 37g carbs. I don't think any of the other things I listed have any fat at all. Mostly carbs with or carbs + protein.

Like anvil said, don't sweat the small stuff.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    also, that's a pretty awesomesauce chart.