Search still on for accountability partner

Hello,

I've been on the website for a couple of years, but my most active months were between October and March. I'm dealing with anxieties and mild depression and gets hard to motivate myself. I tried videos, speeches, motivational notes and quotes in my room, got a locker to get it easier for me to go to the gym- everything works for a couple of days (if even) then stops.

However, I know that having a friend to check in with daily (or almost daily) would help me- at least for a while till I'm able to get back to my routine.

I have a high sense of responsibility when it comes to helping others and my commitments towards them (I'm even professionally trained to do so :D ).
So here I am again, looking for someone to help me through this rough patch by monitoring me and by letting me be there for them as well...

I'm 23 (almost 24!), 155cm, around 53kg. I want to lose few more kg and tone my body. but most importantly I want to be healthy and live healthily. It's not about the numbers as much as it is about the whole lifestyle!

Contact me if interested.
Thank you <3

Replies

• mbloescher
    mbloescher Posts: 15 Member
    Hello! I understand what you mean with motivation. To me motivation is a lost ideal, but it's routine and discipline that will endure. If you need an accountability friend or any kind of support, I am here for you! :)
  • ashley1401
    ashley1401 Posts: 487 Member
    RulaAsaad wrote: »
    Hello,

I've been on the website for a couple of years, but my most active months were between October and March. I'm dealing with anxieties and mild depression and gets hard to motivate myself. I tried videos, speeches, motivational notes and quotes in my room, got a locker to get it easier for me to go to the gym- everything works for a couple of days (if even) then stops.

However, I know that having a friend to check in with daily (or almost daily) would help me- at least for a while till I'm able to get back to my routine.

I have a high sense of responsibility when it comes to helping others and my commitments towards them (I'm even professionally trained to do so :D ).
    So here I am again, looking for someone to help me through this rough patch by monitoring me and by letting me be there for them as well...

I'm 23 (almost 24!), 155cm, around 53kg. I want to lose few more kg and tone my body. but most importantly I want to be healthy and live healthily. It's not about the numbers as much as it is about the whole lifestyle!

Contact me if interested.
    Thank you <3

Join my 6 week plan... search 6 week plan it has started but may still help you
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    @RulaAsaad - just want to share a few thoughts.

Motivational videos and signs are typically ineffective in instilling long term permanent lifestyle changes. Motivation is a more primitive brain activity closely related to temporary desire. Desire is an element of change but it is limited in effectiveness. You are more better served to use the executive decision making regions of the higher brain functions to enact permanent change.

Developing habits are more effective. And working on just a few habits at a time will keep you from being overwhelmed. Start with 2 habits instead of sweeping lifestyle changes. Just a few small dietary or activity changes will add up quick.

Make Decisions versus relying on inspiration. Make commitments. Set daily and weekly commitments to yourself. Example- I will go to the gym 5 times this week and do these exercises. Or I will strive to enjoy 5 fruits and vegetables each day this week.

And finally, be compassionate with yourself and avoid being too strict. You are young, have fun, enjoy life, treat yourself on occasion. :)