I'm new to myfitnesspal!!

Options
Hi I'm Maya I'm new obviously lol! I'm 19 and I have a 4 month old son. Before I got pregnant I weighed 162. I'm 5'11. I gained 62 pounds with pregnancy. Lost 25 right after giving birth but the rest of the weight is still here.. I'm now 212 and I'm so uncomfortable. I really want to get back to 162.. I don't feel good about myself and I feel so out of place. I plan on starting my eating 1,290 calories tomorrow cutting out soads and drinking lots of water and exercising. I just hope I can keep with it.. Thanks for reading.!

Replies

• aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats on the baby. You are on the right track. Cutting out the sodas and getting into the water are the best. (something I really struggle with). Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • kathleenpenrod
    kathleenpenrod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I'm Kat. Been on mfp for awhile and slowing losing weight. Was 170, went to college and gained a degree...and weight! I'm 225 now and pushing really hard these days to get back below 200. Will friend you. Good luck! -Kat
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    Thank you! it is really hard.. I'm determined though.
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Once you start logging what you eat, you'll get a really good idea of how to adjust what you eat. If you feel hungry at first, don't worry since your stomach will shrink and you will get used to eating less to fill full. After about a week, you start getting used to the smaller food intake. What I found was that it helped a lot to eat healthy snacks (fruit, yogurt etc) between meals so you never get *really* hungry. That way, you won't need to eat as much at your meals to fill up. As you run into new situations, there are thousands of people on here to give you advice. All the best on your journey. Oh yeah, being fairly tall myself (6'7") I'm happy to say that you will likely burn calories faster than a shorter person doing the same amount of cardio. Cool!
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    Thanks!!! This made me more excited to get started.
  • packerfan1
    packerfan1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I have been doing MFP for about 2 weeks and have lost 5 pounds. Good luck and best wishes to you!! You can do it:)