what is my ideal weight

Options
i love getting other people ideas and insights. I am 24yrs old and am 5'7. what would be a good weight for me?

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I'm shooting for a final weight between 145 and 160. I'm just going to see what feels good. Anything less than 145 and I think I'd look sick.
  • OnCmommy
    OnCmommy Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm also 5'7" and 24. Back in '08 I was told my ideal weight was 145 by my Dr when I was diagnosed pre-diabetic.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    150, maybe 160 ?
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Try this my friend sent it to me this morning...I was actually surprised by how happy I was with their suggestions...

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight
  • BekJ
    BekJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The best weight for you is the weight at which you feel comfortable and healthy.
    You are able to go about your daily life without feeling lethargic, thus you are not too heavy and unfit, or too underweight and not getting enough nutrtion.
    Ideal for everyone is different... It has so many variables apart from age and height.
    The amount of lean muscle mass you have effects your weight... 1kg of muscle is the size a small jar of mustard, 1kg of fat is the size of a bottle of wine...
    You just have to be able to look in the mirror and be happy with what you see, be confident in yourself and feel energetic and healthy... It is at this weight that you have found your ideal...
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on whether your small or medium or large boned, the amount of muscle you have on your body (muscle weighs more). BMI (Body Mass Index) calculators does not take these things into consideration. I am the same height as you and I have a medium build, for me any smaller than 145 lbs and I look too thin, and at 155 lbs I look healthy and have amazing curves. But if you have a more slight/small build you could probably go lower than 145 lbs.

That did not give you the entire answer but will hopefully help you get to a good answer with a little research and maybe pointers from some more experienced people.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    i love getting other people ideas and insights. I am 24yrs old and am 5'7. what would be a good weight for me?

135 - 165 imo
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    just based on your height, without taking body comp. into account, I'd say between 130 and 140.
  • Rhea81
    Rhea81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your muscle verses body fat percentage; muscle weighs more. But without knowing that I'd say around 140.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Use the BMI calculator on this site (under tools). Put in your info and play with the wieght until you find one that is in the middle or low-middle of your range and aim for that (=

Good luck!