Need some mama friends!

Options
I'm 31, married and a mom of a 2 year old. I've recently lost 30 pounds and looking to lose another 21 or so pounds. I finally just lost all my baby weight and I'm looking for other mama friends to support and receive support on this journey. I really want my daughter to have a good role model when it comes to eating right and being healthy. I always had received feedback that "it's so much harder to lose weight after having a baby" and "you won't have any time for yourself". Well, I just discovered that it IS possible to make time for yourself and realizing it's SO important to do so! Why? You can't pour from an empty cup, and I certainly want a full cup to give to my family. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have two kids - 6 year old boy and 2.5 year old girl. I'm 32. I'm down 37 lbs and have 23 left to get to what I feel will be a solid "good enough" weight to stabilize. My reasons for losing weight are very similar to what you said about wanting to set a good example - and I *am* more active with my kids than I used to be, and my son is so proud of my running now. Additionally I got healthy for my mental health - it's been critical in mitigating my anxiety.

Congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • elleks86
    elleks86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also looking for some mama friends! I have a 2.5 year old and 6 month old. Lost *most* of the baby weight, about 30 pounds, but still have about 15-20 to go. Need some encouragement to keep with it!
  • Andrea8304
    Andrea8304 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd also love some mom friends! I'm 30, have a 2 year old and am currently pregnant again. So I'm not trying to lose weight, but I am trying be healthy. I gained 65lbs on my son and I'm trying not to do that again! I would love some motivation and support! Feel free to add me
  • PennysBoat
    PennysBoat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 31 and the mom of two boys - a 3 year old and 1 year old. I'm just starting, I've lost 5 pounds and want to lose 40 more. I did this all before (lost 50 pounds before having kids) but now I've gained most of it back since having them.
  • EmilyBaldock
    EmilyBaldock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    28, mom of three, lost all the baby weight, got on a gosh awful birth control and gained every damn ounce back. Starting over
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yay! I added all of you. I gained 43 pounds with my daughter and was almost diagnosed with gestational diabetes which was scary, but not enough to make me start eating healthier. Since then I have lost 47 pounds. I had gained 25 pounds before I got pregnant so I'm working to get the rest off. I started the Couch to 5K program and am back running now and it feels great! I also love walking and hiking.

What do you all do to keep active?
  • jenjens86
    jenjens86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Im 31 and mum to a 6 year old and a 2 year old...looking for more friends, ive lost 24lb so far but have another 48 i would like to lose. To keep active i go to the gym. Ive recently started getting a bit more serious and weight lifting and doing things like spin class...today was step aerobics and then yoga and boy im feling it now. Hopefully speak to some of you soon :)
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    You can add me, too. I am 29 and mom to a crazy 2.5 year old boy. I'm down about 7 pounds on here so far and another 15 to go to get to my pre-baby weight. I let myself eat everything in sight when pregnant and I'm trying to get back to there before it is time to start trying for baby #2.

I enjoy doing crossfit to stay active. I only run because I find it the easiest/most efficient way to burn calories for me.
  • LupusAnima
    LupusAnima Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm. A new mother of 1. I'm 24 years old and 244lb: ( before pregnancy I was 180. Thanks to MFP then I let it go... Hoping to find exercise buddies to help motivate and support each other
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) I'm a mom to five and I lost weight with MFP after my last two pregnancies. I lost 70 pounds after my fourth was born 4 years ago, then had my surprise fifth baby a little over a year ago and I'm down 62 pounds and counting and at my lowest weight in about 15 years. I hit my highest weight of 215-220 after my second baby and have been chipping away at that ever since. I haven't settled on a goal weight yet but I'm aiming for the upper middle of a healthy BMI range and will continue with progressive strength training and recomp, which is another 13 pounds or so.
  • jenwood2018
    jenwood2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi mom of one four year old. A combination of pregnancy and depression I picked up about 30kg. Four years on I still carry all that extra weight. I’d almost given up but am starting to feel motivated and want to be a better healthier mom.
  • lsanders1022
    lsanders1022 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me as well! Im also looking for mama friends to help motivate! My son is 14 months old and we are wanting to try for 2.0 later this year! I didn’t gain much during pregnancy but gained after and want to try and take some off before trying for another little. My goal would be about 125/130 and I’m around 165/170. My issue is finding time! I’m in a MA program that requires homework time on top of working full time. Trying to get my little man snoozing long enough that I can sneak in a workout in the morning before he or my husband are up. We believe in leading by example so I need to get it together and get back to a healthy lifestyle!
  • nasimiyu
    nasimiyu Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I would love some mom friends. I’m 31 - I have a 14 month old and an angel who passed shortly after birth. Also trying to lose the baby weight (60lbs from two pregnancies and is put on about 40 before we Ttc). It’s a little weird / morbid but I was watching criminal minds and it was an episode where a child was kidnapped and it just hit me that right now if anything happened to my LO I wouldn’t be able to get to her fast enough because I’m not physically fit enough and I would never forgive myself. So Thats my motivation to lose weight and get stronger/ fitter. Plus I’m still holding on to my jeans from my skinny days lol.
  • nasimiyu
    Options
    hubn8147 wrote: »
    Yay! I added all of you. I gained 43 pounds with my daughter and was almost diagnosed with gestational diabetes which was scary, but not enough to make me start eating healthier. Since then I have lost 47 pounds. I had gained 25 pounds before I got pregnant so I'm working to get the rest off. I started the Couch to 5K program and am back running now and it feels great! I also love walking and hiking.

What do you all do to keep active?

I did C25K some years back and had great success with it. I’m planning on doing it again but first need to lose some weight before I can run. I’ve tried and my knees just can’t take it. I do a lot of walking on my treadmill and outdoors and alternate with at home full body strength workouts on YouTube.
  • nasimiyu
    Options
    LupusAnima wrote: »
    Feel free to add me I'm. A new mother of 1. I'm 24 years old and 244lb: ( before pregnancy I was 180. Thanks to MFP then I let it go... Hoping to find exercise buddies to help motivate and support each other

You are not alone - I weigh about the same as you (243.6 on Friday) and was 180 pre pregnancy and before that had gained 40ish lbs - I used to be 140-145ish and want to get back there eventually!

• hbrmom81
    hbrmom81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow moms! I have 2 boys they are 9 & 11. And no I never lost the baby weight. As they get older we are busier, I worked nights for 3 years to keep up with the chaos and it wrecked my body. Now I am serious in getting off the easy out fast food wagon and becoming mindful and accountable. I would love to connect even if my babies are a tad older than all yours!
  • clwhite07
    clwhite07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also looking for mama friends! I have 2 boys, 6 and 4. I've lost 20lbs and have another 15 or so to go but finding it hard to be accountable!
  • shmenyblah
    shmenyblah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not a new mom...mine are 10 and 15. But a mom, none the less! I'm 15 lbs down when I was 44 lbs down a few years ago. I've started and stopped using MFP so many times. I need help keeping motivated and being held accountable! Feel free to add me!
  • babymommafat3
    babymommafat3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a 31 year old mom of 3 girls! With each pregnancy I gained 50 lbs, and lost all the baby weight except 7-10 lbs. each time I would get almost there I would end up pregnant again.
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I want to be a good role model for my daughter too. She is three and I know soon more of the things I say will stick with her. I don't want her hearing my talking badly about my body or fussing about not having anything to wear etc. There is enough pressure on children by media and community, she doesn't need it from me. I have lost 36 pounds and have about 42 to go but I finally feel like this is my life now. I'm not on "a diet" anymore. I'm just being healthier, making better choices and being more active.