Greetings from Philly!

Options
Hello, all!

I read about this site in some random blog and decided to check it out -- I joined just tonight, but I'm definitely diggin it!

Let's see...

I'm a 27-year-old teacher in Philadelphia, PA.

I haven't actually stepped on a scale in forever because I hate the number so much...I want to now buy one to track progress, but unfortunately I'm too poor to do so until the next paycheck at the end of August. But I'm estimating that I'm 80-90 pounds overweight.

I look at the clothes I wore in high school and I just laugh at how something like that could ever fit me.

I'm at the point where I'm extremely unhappy. I look in the mirror and I want to throw.myself.out.the.window.

My biggest problems: I don't move enough and I looooove me some soda.

So my biggest goals are to work out 5 times a week and to cut way back on the soda.

I've had 4 fantastic days in a row. Any encouragement to keep going would be so greatly appreciated!

Replies

• hufflepuffin
    Options
    Hello, all!

I read about this site in some random blog and decided to check it out -- I joined just tonight, but I'm definitely diggin it!

Let's see...

I haven't actually stepped on a scale in forever because I hate the number so much...I want to now buy one to track progress, but unfortunately I'm too poor to do so until the next paycheck at the end of August. But I'm estimating that I'm 80-90 pounds overweight.

I look at the clothes I wore in high school and I just laugh at how something like that could ever fit me.

I'm at the point where I'm extremely unhappy. I look in the mirror and I want to throw.myself.out.the.window.

So my biggest goals are to work out 5 times a week and to cut way back on the soda.

I've had 4 fantastic days in a row. Any encouragement to keep going would be so greatly appreciated!

Hey girl! I'm a Pennsylvania lady myself (I'm up in Scranton). Congrats on the fantastic 4! Keep it up - it seriously feels so awesome. :)

I just wanna say that I - FEEL - YOUR - PAIN when it comes to soda. I used to down 5 or 6 cans of Coke a day - minimum. I found that I actually like the taste of Diet Dr. Pepper (though we probably shouldn't be drinking soda at all), and I get by on a can or two of that a day. It's not healthy, but it beats the regular stuff!

Feel free to add me as a friend, and best of luck to you! You're gonna love it here! :)

-Nicole
  • PatientBear
    Options
    Hello, all!

Let's see...

Best thing I can tell you is BABY STEPS!! Going from no working out to 5 days a week is VERY tough. Not that it can't be done, but just know that you are giving yourself a very ambitious goal. I'd hate to see you get discouraged if you miss 1-2 days and only make the gym 3 days a week. Going from nothing to 3X weekly is awesome. So, while I admire your high goals and encourage you to reach them, also be realistic with yourself so you aren't setting yourself up for frustration. Welcome and good luck!!
  • auba2004
    auba2004 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey! I am like you i LOVE soda!!!!!!!!!! But since joining on here 8 days ago i havent had ANY!! Awsome right!!!! I used to go to bed and sleep til 10 or 11 now i go to bed at the same time but i wake up ay 8 am! I dont feel so groggy and tired and i knwo its becuz igave up soda! I also walk a mile a day!!! I found that instead of soda sobe water is awesome! The kiwi strawberry is the best ive found so if i want a soda i get a sobe instead. In all honesty though the first two dyas were torture lol after that and the craving for soda was pretty much gone! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! It gets alot easier !!!! GOOD LUCK GIRL!!!!
  • auba2004
    auba2004 Posts: 12
    Options
    Working out 5 days a week is ambitious! My goal was to go from NEVER walking or working out to 3 days a week i have walked a mile every day for the past 8 days! I am sooooo motivated lol!!!! I wont be hard on my self if i do only work out or walk 3 days a week though! ......