Organise Recipes

Options
henriklynggaard
henriklynggaard Posts: 27 Member
Hi

I know MFP has recipe functionality but it only allows to point to a existing online recipe or to enter simple ingredients but no steps, categories or anything like that

So is there a good place to organise recipes which can then be imported/used here?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    No I don't think so.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,245 Member
    Options
    I hate that I can't imput the instructions on my own recipes too. I do keep the generic recipe for logging, but I keep a folder on my pc which I send all my full recipes to.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No. I have a little index folder thingy where I put all my recipes.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I hate that I can't imput the instructions on my own recipes too. I do keep the generic recipe for logging, but I keep a folder on my pc which I send all my full recipes to.

I use Pinterest, I get a lot of great recipe ideas and save them on a board that has different sections for different kinds of foods (chicken, red meat, seafood, vegetarian, desserts and sides for me). Then I just manually input individual ingredients to MFP each time, since I might get creative with the original recipe anyway.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I haven't had to use it for a while so I don't know if the importing still works, but you can input personal recipes with instructions and organize them at allrecipes.com, and I was able to import from there the last time I needed to.
  • henriklynggaard
    henriklynggaard Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was hoping someone here had tried some of the online organisers. When I google I find several (BigOven, Paprika, Pepperplate, cheftap etc.), but they are hard to compare