Looking for friends

Options
I am new to my fitness pal, my journey started 1 1/2 years ago I lost 150lbs. Had some set backs over the past 4 months and I gained almost 40 lbs back. Looking for people that are going through the same weight loss struggles to share tips and help keep motivated.

Replies

• slwhitter78
    slwhitter78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done on losing the 150lbs. I am sure you hate that you gained some back but this journey is definitely one of ups and downs. The great thing is you are choosing to get back up and keep going.

I have only recently started this journey and very new to MFP. One of the great things about it is that you have so many other people who are all embarking on this together and who will be there to support and motivate or just be there when you need us. Please feel free to add me as a friend and again, well done for getting started
  • Billbegood
    Billbegood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    150 pounds is quite the accomplishment. Knowing that you achieved that much should be good motivation. Keep on keeping on!
  • amgibson1980
    amgibson1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Decided just now that I had to start recording my food intake and exercise so that I can lose this weight I have gained back. Between 2009 and 2010, I lost 65 pounds doing low -carb and LOTS of exercise. Since then I have gained it ALL back. In the last two years alone I have gained 25lbs. I am a teacher with about a 1.5 hour commute (including drop off time for my daughter) each way. I just don't have a lot of time in my day. I am hoping this summer will give me an opportunity to restart some good habits. I have to say good bye to low-carb though :(. A few years back I I learned I had inherited PKD from my dad; low-carb is very bad for the kidneys. I LOVE MyFitnessPal though. Just having to journal everything and being accountable works wonders. I would love to start this journey with you.
  • JennMairi
    JennMairi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenn, 26. I used MFP a few years back when I was studying for my undergrad and exercising a lot training with the lifesaving team. Sadly during the last 2 years doing my masters I piled on the weight. I lost a little bit for my wedding last August but gained more since then over my final year and placement. I eat like crazy with stress and especially essays!

Anyway, I've finished my masters now and I have a bit more time on my hands so I'm trying to get fit for good! Doing a lot of exercise classes, swimming when I can, and getting back on top of my food.

Most of the MFP friends I had back in 2012 are inactive now, so I'd like some friends to help keep me on track! Please feel free to add me :)