Dumb question but .......

Options
I see a lot of people talking about staying in a calorie deficit in order to lose weight. So my question is whether my daily calorie goal set my MFP of 1200 is my deficit or if i need to stay under that? Thanks!

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    MFP had a deficit included, depending on the amount of weight you want to lose each week. Your calorie goal is what you should eat, plus a portion of exercise calories if you exercise.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    MFP has already deducted calories from your maintenance (250 calories for every half pound per week you said up to the 1200 calorie minimum for women), so what is given to you is already a deficit.

So you should be eating 1200 calories plus some or all of your exercise calories...and likely more, depending on your stats.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    MFP had a deficit included, depending on the amount of weight you want to lose each week. Your calorie goal is what you should eat, plus a portion of exercise calories if you exercise.
    zyxst wrote: »