1x thin slice lean ham
    1x slice processed cheese
    1x egg, cooked omelette-style.

= one breakfast sandwich that keeps me satisfied till lunchtime
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I make a batch of sausage and egg biscuits and freeze them for my husband to heat up throughout the week for his breakfast. They're very good, reheat well, and only take about 90 seconds in the microwave.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a sandwich today.
    Eat any food you would eat at other times of the day for breakfast if you want to expand your horizons. I like soup for breakfaat.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Pancakes for the win. Decorated with imperfect frozen fruit and yogurt.
  • Hapoo2211
    Hapoo2211 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bigpuma100 wrote: »
    Eggs and oats blahhhhh breakfast should be fun you can be flexible it just depends on your goals.
    Yogurt with pistachio, hemp seeds, watermelon seeds protein punch. What toast with avocado spread over easy egg. Salmon with strawberries. I do tigernut flour crepe really good.

Hmm salmon with strawberries? I've never had that combo before!!
  • Hapoo2211
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Pancakes for the win. Decorated with imperfect frozen fruit and yogurt.

Looks good!
  • Hapoo2211
    Options
    I like biscuits and gravy. But biscuits are calorie bombs. I make a sausage gravy with a mix of almond flour and whole wheat flour. It ended up as 248 calories/serving as measured when I plugged all the ingredients in and split it into four servings.

Instead of biscuits, I make an SoS using two slices of Healthy Life bread (70 calories for the two slices) and save about 500 calories that would have been in the two biscuits I once used.

Add a cup of fruit to round it out. So right around 400 calories give or take depending on the volume of fruit.

My typical three egg omelette with three slices of center cut bacon, two cups of fajita pepper mix and 28g of taco cheese is right around the same calorie load.

Some days, I remove an egg and a slice of bacon and have a banana or a cup of fruit.

Today I had a tomato and spinach quiche at a local coffee shop with my bicycling group. Estimate that to be around 350 calories based on other vegetable quiche recipes.

Thanks for the ideas!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    There is no rule that states you need to eat "breakfast" foods for breakfast. Pot roast, fajitas, eggplant parmesan, and tandoori chicken are all prefectly fine meals for breakfast. The same goes for every other meal as well; there's no rule stating that eggs and pancakes aren't allowed for dinner.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake lol. Minimal effort required
  • atticfanatic
    atticfanatic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love the simplicity of 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt (I cannot stand fat free but maybe you can?), I add 1 Tbs. raw honey and top with 1/3 cup light granola and a handful of blueberries. The Greek yogurt is very protein rich so it keeps me full all morning. Mmmmm. (just under 300 calories) Also sometimes will eat scrambled egg whites with spinach and feta but that requires a bit of prep work here at work..... the yogurt is the easiest and both keep me full.
  • alyshawns
    alyshawns Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do you have a ninja blender or a magic bullet? I make smoothies (dairy free) every morning. I put in 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 2 cups frozen broccoli, one cup spinach and either a half a banana or an apple and then I add, cinnamon, fresh ginger and sometimes cumin. I fill it ONLY half way with water and blend! OH, I also add one Stevia packet of sugar. It's zero calories and natural from the stevia plant. Sometimes I add 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats to give it more calories. If I do, I add a LITTLE bit more water.
  • Fat_Fighter87
    Fat_Fighter87 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats: 1 pot of flavoured yogurt, 30g oats and berries. Leave in the fridge and eat cold the next morning!

Smoothies: Great way to get your fruit and veggies in first thing (I put spinach and kale in mine and some spirulina too)

Crumpets
    Pancakes - so many varients here and if you make a big batch the night before you can just reheat them the next morning!
    Bran Flakes and banana with almond milk (or any)
    Beans on Toast
    Avocado on toast
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What great ideas, gonna try a few of these, thanks!
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I’m addicted to one toasted slice of Dave’s killer bread with 505 brand roasted green Chile’s on top that I heat in a pan then throw two over medium eggs on top of. Literally eat it every day.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    This morning my husband and I had whole wheat toast topped with mashed avocado, scrambled egg, and bacon.
  • rein0356
    rein0356 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been making this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every week now! It's packed with veggies, low carb, and low calorie: http://www.coupleinthekitchen.com/blog/healthy-sriracha-shakshuka-recipe
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I make muffins (right now it's banana and pralined pecans) and then a piece of fruit.
  • pinksunnyrose
    pinksunnyrose Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast everyday and LOVE it.

Avocado toast with a side of fruit salad (usually 1 banana, lots of berries)