How can I hit my daily calorie goal?

Options
I’ve been tracking my calories using MFP for over 3 weeks. It seems like a hardly am ever making my calorie goal, I come under by 300-600 calories a day. My goal is 1460 but I workout everyday and usually get another 200-300 calories but I’m still hovering around 800-1000 a day. How can I up this, I’m not a bulk eater.

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. A Snickers.

Or, you could add more fats into what you are eating.

You'll get better advice if you open your diary.

• andreay4
    andreay4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I do feel full and rarely hungry. Just seems like so much to be eating...I like your idea of calorie rich foods to up it. Thxs
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    andreay4 wrote: »
    I’ve been tracking my calories using MFP for over 3 weeks. It seems like a hardly am ever making my calorie goal, I come under by 300-600 calories a day. My goal is 1460 but I workout everyday and usually get another 200-300 calories but I’m still hovering around 800-1000 a day. How can I up this, I’m not a bulk eater.

Are you losing weight? If so, how much are you losing each week?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    andreay4 wrote: »
    Yes I do feel full and rarely hungry. Just seems like so much to be eating...I like your idea of calorie rich foods to up it. Thxs

Are you using a food scale?
    Are you double checking that the entries you are using in the database are correct?
    Are you logging everything - cooking oil, condiments, beverages, nibbles, late night snacks, cheat meals?

No adult should feel full on 800-1000 calories consistently. It's normal to start out getting used to a new way of eating, and it can randomly happen one day every once and awhile, but if this has been happening most of the time for 3 weeks it is most likely a logging error.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • andreay4
    Options
    @iowalinda you can be under eating due to lack of knowledge of higher calories foods, or trying to hit my calorie goal but not making it and still need to lose weight. I need to lose 10 pounds. It’s not that complicated...I was simply asking for help/ideas on how to get there.
  • andreay4
    Options
    Sorry that was for @lorrpb
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat a bit of whatever you have cut out when you started to diet
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    What were you eating before you started tracking? Eat more of that.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    A candy bar is a good way to up your daily calories.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    These threads drive me insane :s

no joke. you didnt get fat eating 800 calories a day, youre not eating it now....

Seriously, unless you're about 8" tall, 800 calories a day is not going to make anyone gain weight.

Same with the "I only eat 1200 calories a day and am gaining 5lbs a month" people.... Yeah, I don't think so.

Now there is one gentleman on here that is requesting advice on how to gain weight (he's severely underweight due to medical issues) and has a hard time eating, and knows he undereats calories because of legitimate medical problems.... Now that I can respect.
  • eve2018eve
    eve2018eve Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OP, I tend to have the same problem as my macro split is very satiating for me and my stomach is accustomed to small meals, so I try and make my meals very calorie dense.

I like to include:
    Avocado
    EVOO
    Nut cheese
    Vegan mayo
    Lots of herbs and spices (they add some calories and lots of flavour)

Nut butters are also great for adding calories without adding bulk. I think a teaspoon is about 200 calories but check the labels.

You could also try adding some chocolate. I occasionally have a square of high quality dark chocolate with an espresso.

Remember to accurately track everything you eat. I even log espresso, herbs, and spices.

Measure your portions where possible as it's very easy to over- or underestimate them. I now measure mayo, herbs, and spices as I was overestimating how much I was using by a lot.