Like food but fitness helps

Options
Hi I like food, we all do. But keeping fit helps. I am nearly 60 and I work as a cleaner, also swim and walk. But I am hoping to bike ride soon. First time for 15 years. I'll let you all know when I start and how I get on.Melanie Miller

Replies

• vinceinalabama
    vinceinalabama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good morning Melanie. Just read your post. I want to remind you and anyone else reading this that exercise is not just walking, jogging, swimming, bicycling, weightlifting, tennis, racquetball, there are just so many activities which could be seen as 'exercise'! Any movement can burn calories. Should you lead a sedentary lifestyle(as I do!) Any movement can help. Activities such as vaccuming, sweeping, doing the dishes can be very helpful! You accomplish a task while burning calories. Anyone else agree or disagree?
  • melanie3572
    melanie3572 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I do cleaning as a job. I was only trying to be friendly. Yes you are right everyone is different and sadly some people cannot move at all. Be grateful on what one can do. Have a good day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Good morning Melanie. Just read your post. I want to remind you and anyone else reading this that exercise is not just walking, jogging, swimming, bicycling, weightlifting, tennis, racquetball, there are just so many activities which could be seen as 'exercise'! Any movement can burn calories. Should you lead a sedentary lifestyle(as I do!) Any movement can help. Activities such as vaccuming, sweeping, doing the dishes can be very helpful! You accomplish a task while burning calories. Anyone else agree or disagree?

you didn't do any cleaning before you started losing weight?
  • melanie3572
    melanie3572 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Yes I did for 10 years
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Yes I did for 10 years

I quoted the person I was talking to, I wasn't referring to you :smile: