Stress Eating

Aggravated with myself. I’ve been losing at a steady clip- about a pound a week for six weeks now.

Then my AC unit blew, and it can’t be repaired until Wednesday. That means that my house is about 90 degrees and I’m not handling it well.

It’s like I’m in this giant pity party when I know damn well that a ton of people survive in this kind of heat all over the world and they’re getting on with life- not sitting around feeling sorry for themselves with a cup of dry cereal...

Trying to adjust my attitude this morning and get myself back in the right head space.

Replies

• cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    Thanks so much! That’s a good wake up call for me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    cnave99 wrote: »
    Aggravated with myself. I’ve been losing at a steady clip- about a pound a week for six weeks now.

Then my AC unit blew, and it can’t be repaired until Wednesday. That means that my house is about 90 degrees and I’m not handling it well.

It’s like I’m in this giant pity party when I know damn well that a ton of people survive in this kind of heat all over the world and they’re getting on with life- not sitting around feeling sorry for themselves with a cup of dry cereal...

Trying to adjust my attitude this morning and get myself back in the right head space.

Normally I suggest managing stress with exercise, but 90 degrees, ugh.

Can you escape into an air conditioned gym? Swim? Escape to friends or family?

BTW, I lived in Okinawa for two years and South Florida for seven and never acclimated to the heat. I can take all kinds of winter though!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Given a choice, heat exhaustion or this wretched cold weather I'm getting now, snow and freezing temps, I'll take the cold. Where I live in Montana we seldom need air conditioning, but having worked in hot areas I feel your pain and concerns. I can always put on more clothes, but it's hard to cool down when it's too hot. Like @NovusDies said, take care of yourself.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    I know the feeling regarding the heat, I don't have an air conditioner but its been rare times we needed one and I felt I couldnt breathe in my upstairs unit because of extreme rare scorching days. And getting to the mall didnt help because everyone was there and the malls turned down their air.

But the air conditioner in the car worked wonders, drinking plenty water and ice and the local mc donalds was cool enough to hang out and have an ice cold drink or an ice cream on those days. Also carried a face towel to wet and cool me off.

I live on a lower unit now so I'll see what this summer brings, We have a pool but the kids take it over and that's not my thing anyway. Especially since your still directly in the sun.

Take care stay cool and lots of good advice here.
  • Just_Jon
    Just_Jon Posts: 108 Member
    A cool soak in the tub, or a cool shower helps cool you down temporarily.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    It’s a bummer about your AC unit. Happened to us this month, too, so I sympathize with the discomfort AND the unplanned expenditure. It was more than a week wait for our install, and our highs were also in the 90s. Fortunately, lows were in the 70s so it did cool down by morning. Amazingly, it wasn’t too bad. We wore light clothing and not much of it. :o Bought some fans and that helped, too, especially for sleeping. Maybe it won’t be as bad as you anticipate, and you will really appreciate the new unit once it’s in. If you’ve gone to a higher SEER, maybe your electric bills will go down, too.

Great job on your weight loss progress so far. Taking a maintenance break every so often is probably a good idea anyway. Do what you need to do to get through the next couple days and get back to your program. It’s obviously working for you!
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    Thanks so much for all the nice comments. Tomorrow we are going to be getting the new unit- thank goodness!

And my calories were on track yesterday. So I think I must be leaving the pity party. Lol.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    And you know what? Its only a couple of days, so it doesn't really matter :)