Simple diet plan

Options
I'm trying to find a diet plan that has simple easy to find and cook ingredients. I don't want a ton of different things to cook everyday since I am the only one in my household trying to get healthier. Can anyone suggest a diet plan for me? Thank you

Replies

• Fat_Fighter87
    Fat_Fighter87 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No sure what you mean by diet plan... I'd recommend counting your calories on here as a good start though and cutting down on processed food. I find reducing my carbs helps my weightloss but that's just me, others find cutting back on fat more effective. It's trial and error when first starting out.

With regards to cooking, why not batch cook and freeze? For example curries (I put tandoori spice mix in mine, along with chopped tomatoes and stir fat free yogurt at the end once off the heat - easy peasy!) Or Spag bol, stir fry's or grill lean meat with salad/veggies for dinner. When I lived on my own I used to eat a lot of omelettes for dinner because they were easy and cheap to make and I'd batch cook things too. In some ways I found it easier when it was just me as I didn't have anyone else to feed... if I fed my partner an omelette for dinner he would be gutted!

Good Luck :)

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like, just less of it. I have dark chocolate almost every day. Batch cook and freeze for later. I can't tell you how to cook for one. I grew up in a big family and I have a big family of my own, so I eat leftovers for lunch most days.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    You can do everything grabNgo. You don't have to follow a menu plan or make difficult recipes. Cook everything with wild and reckless abandon. I think dieting plans for the birds.

Give yourself permission to eat what you want. Track your data points and stats here as you tool along. Pay as you go that way you'll stay within your targets.