Doing it a different way.

Options
Hi everyone!

I have been yo-yo dieting for the last two years, since having my second little one. I have lost a LOT of weight, in very short times, but always picked it up again. :embarassed:

Really just so tired of carrying the extra weight and how it makes me feel, so have now started exercising and eating better. Only at the end of my 3rd week now, doing exercise almost daily, putting a lot of effort into it. No shift in weight yet. :huh: It is frustrating, having to adapt my mind to doing it slowly but surely. I love the bit of running I do (2.5km 5 times a week). It gives me a real buzz, and I feel very excited about doing it for longer and at better times as my fitness progress. Very discouraging looking at the scales though! :sad:

Heard about this on another running forum, having looked through this site I think it will help me a lot reaching my goals. Looking forward to getting to know some of you better and being a support to you as well. :happy:

Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    the key is losing weight is being healthy.

living a healthy lifestyle..its not so much about dieting..but an entire life change.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    you might just have reached a plateau so you may have a sudden loss of weight soon it's not unusual after 3wks. Take another look at the foods you're eating and use this tool as a guide. good luck
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options
    I was the same way for the first hmmm almost two months. I think I only lost 4 maybe 5lbs. What you need to do is take your measurements. At two months I had lost 15 + inches. Plus I kept the mindset that I was gaining muscle (not sure if it was true) instead of burning fat. I am now at 12 weeks yesterday and have lost 10lbs and 25 3/4 inches. Get your measurements! I think you will be amazed. Just watch your calories, make sure you exercise and it will come off! I promise...just might not be as fast as you want it to be unfourtunately.
  • AmandaM15
    AmandaM15 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've also been exercising for three weeks and the scale hasn't budged. :P I keep telling myself it has to be muscle gain! Lol! I've been doing Turbo Fire and it's kicking my butt. ;) Definitely measure yourself and track your calories. Sometimes I eat before I check, thinking I'm making a good choice and I'm shocked at the calories and the teeny, tiny serving size!
  • FattySins
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. Going to get a tape measure today!
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. Going to get a tape measure today!

Great. Let us know how it turns out!
  • holdondreamaway
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories so that you net a minimum of 1200 cal a day? I've found out that I actually need more than that to stay on track. I was losing slow but steady for the first month until I hit my first mini goal and decided to update my goals to reflect my new weight. I ended up putting myself in starvation mode and started gaining back weight I had lost. I've changed my goals back now and have started to lose again. Find the balance so that your body is happy with what you're putting into it and doing to it. Remember this is a lifestyle change, you want a routine you can keep up for the rest of your life, or you'll yo-yo again. Also, I second the tape measure, it gives you that extra satisfaction, even if the scale won't. I hope this helps, I know you can do it!